$150 MICRONS

Oh just one more point, having the best or most expensive doesn't give you instant results, have a look at some of my threads you'll see what I mean, practice is the only answer.

What would be the likelihood of ever needing a complete second head unit? Surely any damage would be confined to the needle/nozzle?

Just bought myself an H&S infinity, would one of these be a worthwhile investment? The price does seem very good.

Sorry for the maybe noobish questions but i am new to quality airbrushes.
Stick with the Infinity for now, it's very capable of fine detail. That trigger response thing is pretty exaggerated in my opinion. If your paints are reduced properly, the response is not even really noticeable.
I have two Microns and I still use my Evolution AL more than both of them. It's all a matter of personal preference and feel. To me, the Evo AL just feels better in my hand, and I have no issues with the trigger response.

I emailed the company to ask about the quality of the brushes compared to brands such as H&S and Iwata... This is the reply I got.

Dear Richard

Thank you for an inquiry.

The quality of most models is confident.
In Japan, the professional user uses the Olympos product willingly.
I am one of the fans of Olympos, too.
I was impressed by good precision of Olympos.
Therefore I decided to sell an airbrush of Olympos.
Please use the airbrush of Olympos.
I think that you understand good precision.

Best regards,

Toshiya

I emailed the company to ask about the quality of the brushes compared to brands such as H&S and Iwata... This is the reply I got.

Dear Richard

Thank you for an inquiry.

The quality of most models is confident.
In Japan, the professional user uses the Olympos product willingly.
I am one of the fans of Olympos, too.
I was impressed by good precision of Olympos.
Therefore I decided to sell an airbrush of Olympos.
Please use the airbrush of Olympos.
I think that you understand good precision.

Best regards,

Toshiya
You gotta love the google translations.

It all seems a bit sketchy to me..
Is it really safe to order from them? Like, is it really as good as a micron? are the Iwata micron and the Olympus micron spare parts interchangeable?

Is it really safe to order from them? Like, is it really as good as a micron? are the Iwata micron and the Olympus micron spare parts interchangeable?

I think since everyone here who has ordered one not only has received it but are totally chuffed with it says it all, ;)

Not sketchy, I ordered two brushes already.

I see no noticeable difference between it and the Iwata CMC+

I have swapped needles and head assemblies and they work perfectly. The only thing I have not tried is the nozzle itself.

Again you guys can track it as soon as it leaves Japan, right to your front door.SIGNATURE REQUIRED DON'T MISS MAILMAN!!!!!!

EMS until it gets to America then it goes to customs, then to your local post man.To track packages Google EMS TRACKING but it's not the first link, you need to click POST/EMS and track every step.

Google 'japan post, confirmation of EMS' to find the tracking link.
Express Mail Service

I wouldn't have know if someone didn't tell me.The black back handle on the olympos - if you take it off you can adjust trigger tension.It came way to stiff for my taste.Also some don't know you can adjust down press on H&S at air valve and trigger.

You have to adjust that trigger tension then you will truly feel how SMOOTH the trigger is on these OLYMPOS - NO lube - smooth like glass.

Buyer beware: no warranty, no spare parts available. From their description on a $200 brush:

There is no manual. It does not contain the special case.
Please buy only if you are understanding. Note! There is no inventory of genuine spare parts. Parts if necessary will be substitute. [Word from the manager] OLYMPOS 200 series is the air brush that is not nearly on the market in a high-level air brush that has been manufactured decades ago Yeah. (Is like had come out some very towards overseas.) CUSTOM MP and CUSTOM SP, this OLYMPOS 200 series of air brush parts and are combined "Nikoichi" air brush of the But, OLYMPOS 200 series air brush unique parts that are assembled to you has become a big key. CUSTOM MP series and a one and interested in CUSTOM SP series, and I think that it is oriented towards such as who want to study the Japanese-made vintage air brush made decades ago. When I actually use, I feel like that exclusive pen sense air brush of ultra-fine work for the ultra-fine line goes draw. ※ I think overall as color feel bad when compared to the current air brush. ※ This OLYMPOS 200 series should be made made to it is purchased you know well how to handle and maintenance method of air brush because it is very delicate air brush. ※ handmade degree is high vintage air brush there are individual differences in one by one each so. Therefore, at the time of shipment from our shop, we have extracted the good goods of tone by performing a check blowing one by one. Blowing OLYMPOS-200 you able to use well tone and passed the check, you can was the probability of long single A Type B Type C Type each together in ten, will be shipped as can be used Grade A products. Nine in the remaining ten will be shipped as a Grade B goods. ※ paint dirt at the time of check blowing in the production factory or is left in the inner cup, plated state in the paint cup so not very clean also such points Please note before you buy.
This is a translation I believe, google or otherwise, so it prob sounds worse than it is, these translators do not work that well so its hard to tell exactly what was said here:)
I'm thinking of getting one so I may be wisfull thinking!

Go ahead and get one, no worries at all. They are great brushes and you won't be disappointed.

Looking on there website I see pics, is the machining and finish as good as Iwata?

Back