2 questions please

K

kardar2

Hello all,

I have just start started painting.... I have used my airbrush a few times but...

1) the clear plastic tube that sucks the paint up has become very loose and wants to fall off the the lid part should I be concerned? it seems to suck okay.
2) I was painting a 12" x 36" board I had my needle backed out all the way( to get more volume) I was using oil base enamel paint mixed with thinner 1/3 part thinner. I was getting a lot of splattering... spitting.. why was this happening ?
Thanks Kardar2

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be overly concerned however your two questions could be connected....question 2 is either down to paint drying on the tip of the needle, known as tip dry....or it could maybe be because of the air pressure is weak due to the seal around lid of paint pot and clear plastic tube.....I recommend sealing the join with ptfe tape or similar, glue it in place maybe so it doesn't move (tube not tape). this will provide so grater suction back on your cup....if this doesn't solve splattering issue aswell then it's either tip dry our you need to play with your paint mix a little

I wouldn't be overly concerned however your two questions could be connected....question 2 is either down to paint drying on the tip of the needle, known as tip dry....or it could maybe be because of the air pressure is weak due to the seal around lid of paint pot and clear plastic tube.....I recommend sealing the join with ptfe tape or similar, glue it in place maybe so it doesn't move (tube not tape). this will provide so grater suction back on your cup....if this doesn't solve splattering issue aswell then it's either tip dry our you need to play with your paint mix a little

Thank you so much for the help. :)

Back