2k Clear

REALLY! Damn man this guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about! It doesn't say high build and it is a 4:1 ratio of clear to activator. Please take a look at this pic wicked maybe you can tell if it is Hight build or not.. Seems like it would say if it was high build?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361999436.521579.jpg

I cleaned that thing with acetone before and after I ground it.. Plus tack raged it. Hmm.. I have grease wax remover from duplicolor too but thought acetone would be enough. I also blew it off wit my air gun before the last cleaning with acetone.. Well, I was using bounty paper towel, maybe the fibers from that caused it?

REALLY! Damn man this guy sounded like he knew what he was talking about! It doesn't say high build and it is a 4:1 ratio of clear to activator. Please take a look at this pic wicked maybe you can tell if it is Hight build or not.. Seems like it would say if it was high build?

View attachment 11554

I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but keep in mind the vast majority of jobbers normally cater to the repair/refinish industry. Because of that, they have a different perspective than a custom painter does. Pretty much all modern urethane clears are high build and the clear you purchased will work fine for your application. 6 to 10 hours air dry time is not extremely fast and should still produce a nice finish. I've used clears that set in 30 minutes without baking the finish. My goal in sharing the speed clear info with you was only to expand your knowledge on the subject. There is nothing wrong with using them. There are pros and cons just like everything else...

I cleaned that thing with acetone before and after I ground it.. Plus tack raged it. Hmm.. I have grease wax remover from duplicolor too but thought acetone would be enough. I also blew it off wit my air gun before the last cleaning with acetone.. Well, I was using bounty paper towel, maybe the fibers from that caused it?

Sounds like you cleaned it well. Fibers from a paper towel will not cause fish eyes though. Could be from your air lines or something in the atmosphere (avoid spraying anything with silicone in the area you will be painting... EVER).

After I scuff my lacquer with 800, should I clean it? If so, can I use acetone or wax & grease remover without hurting the clear coat ?

So the clear I used is a high build clear? Is UC35 a high build clear too? I kind of wish I would of bought the UC35 now

Back