For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

$5 for royalty free reference pics

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Squishy, May 14, 2017.

1. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Came across this website http://www.wildlifereferencephotos.com/ I thought it looked pretty cool. Basically its wildlife ref pics for artists use. You pay $5 for the use of them, and then can display, sell or reproduce the images to your hearts content guilt free. I thought this was a pretty good deal, and worth a look.
    musicmacd, JackEb, Maple Art and 3 others like this.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Nice one Squish, Thanks for sharing your find. Sounds pretty reasonable. Is that £5 one off payment or is it per month?
    I'm attempting to start up a screen printing t-shirts, bags, etc etc.. so I've been looking for similar sites and i found one called Pixabay.com i'm using it to get ref pics and designs I can use without any copyright problems either altered or in original format. They have vectors, line art, illustrations and proper photos and most are available in high pixel sizes too.

An example = https://pixabay.com/en/macaw-parrot-bird-pet-wildlife-410144/

You can download this at 4000 x 3384

Lee
    JackEb likes this.
  3. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

That looks cool too, I'll check it out cheers Lee.

I haven't looked into it in a ton of detail, but I think its a pay per pic. If your planning on selling, or mass producing etc, it seems well worth it. If you subscribe its $10, and you get 3 pics.

I've been looking for free pics to paint for an exhibition, but the ones I've found haven't been good quality, and some are a bit ambiguous about whether they are free or not, this site seems to be a direct source to the photo's owners.

Your find looks good, will have a proper poke around later. Fingers crossed your screen printing thing works out.
    jord001 likes this.
  4. Nada

Nada Air-Valve Autobot!

Thumbs up for pixabay. I have used a couple images so far. there are a lot of good images there.
    jord001 likes this.
  5. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Awesome! This is what i need :)
    jord001 likes this.