For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

6 year old artist

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ricktarsprayer75, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Ricktarsprayer75

Ricktarsprayer75 Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

My 6 year old nephew visited yesterday while i was airbrushing. I asked him if he liked the iron man pic i did for him and where it was. He said he likes it and " its on my bedroom wall of course ",
    hes a cheeky lad!
    He then asked what you doing uncle rick, i replied painting a bird...." why " was his reply.
    I said cos i like painting mate.
    He then said " i dont know how you just do that ". So i decided id better give him a go.
    I showed him how the brush works and on his 3rd attempt he got it, i was amazed.
    He wrote his name ( Clearer than my first attempt with an airbrush )
    Then he drew a perfect circle and made a smiley face as clear as anything. Then a tree and then a stick man.
    I was amazed at his control and how quickly he got the distance and how far to pull back for paint.
    When it came to take it off him i had a fight on my hands and the only reason he gave it back was because he was going to see the new lego film lol.
    I wish id started sooner as the saying goes you cant teach an old dog new tricks, i dont believe this but i do believe its a bit harder to.
    I,ll post a pic next time he comes round and commandeers my brush.
  2. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Young minds are amazing. They have no preconceived idea of what should or shouldn't be happening, they just do and adapt if it's not doing what they think it should
    Ricktarsprayer75 likes this.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Young minds can grasp on to things faster then our old minds due to all their fine motor skills are picking up information 10000 times faster then our old minds.
    Ricktarsprayer75 likes this.