66 years old and just getting into airbrushing

R

ronzer

Hi everyone I am just getting into airbrushing, will be painting 3d printer parts and a little art work. I know I will be asking a lot of questions.
Thanks for this great forum.

Welcome from Australia.

What kit do you have so far and where do you call home ?

Welcome from North Carolina. I will be 73 Saturday. You are still a young squirt. Hope to see some of your paintings soon.

Welcome from the UK. I’m sure you’ll find the forum extremely useful, I know I have. Plus we like a good question to try and answer. Many revel in the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome home. RichardH will tell you that your starting young being he also just starting and it 72:D

Thanks guy's, I am from Arizona, I am going to hobby lobby tomorrow to get a awata airbrush, I picked up some paint from a guy that retired from artist painting, I have over 190 bottles of paint. Thanks

Thanks guy's, I am from Arizona, I am going to hobby lobby tomorrow to get a awata airbrush, I picked up some paint from a guy that retired from artist painting, I have over 190 bottles of paint. Thanks

Welcome Ronzer:)

Are these bottles you've got airbrush specific paints, was the guy that retired using them for airbrushing?

I am sure it will happen sooner or later, more likely sooner.

You can do your best to avoid it by making sure none of those paints are off due to age, I'm sure the guy you got them off didn't buy them the day before he retired, but old or not it is wise to strain them before puting them in your brush, these measures won't guarantee no clogs ever but will certainly expand the time it takes to happen.

Once you have all your equipment be sure to hit us up for advice on everything, there is plenty to read here but your questions are more than wellcome and very likely the quickest way to get advice.

Last edited:
You can do your best to avoid it by making sure none of those paints are off due to age, I'm sure the guy you got them off didn't buy them the day before he retired, but old or not it is wise to strain them before puting them in your brush, these measures won't guarantee no clogs ever but will certainly expand the time it takes to happen.

Once you have all your equipment be sure to hit us up for advice on everything, there is plenty to read here but your questions are more than wellcome and very likely the quickest way to get advice.
Can you tell me the best way to strain the paint? Thanks

Back