For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

a 2 second step to the dark side

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, May 11, 2017.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I was given some createx illustration and even if I hate every thing createx makes I thought why not test this paint and the reducer that came with it .
    the first thing I noticed was the bad smell the reducer has and I almost tossed it away that moment , but I went ahead and put some CI in my cup and reduced it with the reducer and did some test painting .
    the paint flowed perfect at a 1:1 reduction and the paynes grey was not bad I would say almost like the etac paynes grey .
    I always work on paper so test 2 erasing : no luck there after about 20 seconds I was no longer able to erase it so that is no good to me .
    the paint and reducer go back to the one that gave it to me and it was the last time I used createx :)
    jord001 and Vladimir like this.
  2. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon!

Which reducer was it. The 4012 shortens the flash time and on paper surface and even Gessoed surface it is already difficult to erase. Over several conversations with Dru and others here I have come to the conclusion that working with CI on synthetic with no reducer and spraying wider spray pattern is why Dru has such success with this paint. The result when trying to hold fine lines is quicker tip dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
    jord001 likes this.
  3. Ronald art

it was the 4012 reducer , I do know it was made for use on synthetic paper , but I dont use that , I only tried it to see what it would do on paper but the smell alone gave me a instant head age and the fact I cant erase it is just a no go for me.
    I dont even want to test it without the reducer as there is nothing in this paint that would beat the etac efx paints , but to each its own and I am not one to look at a great artist and the paint brand he or she uses .
    I use a paint I have come to know inside out and that works for me and that wont give me a head age ;)
    jord001 and Airbrush Dreams like this.
  4. Airbrush Dreams

Airbrush Dreams Detail Decepticon!

I too love E'Tac and believe me I have tried almost all of them. The paint just flows so nicely and consistently. However if I were to work on synthetic paper I would no doubt grab my CI paint. Everything else is E'Tac EFX or PS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
    jord001, doc1 and Ronald art like this.
  5. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Just goes to show we are all different, and what suits one doesn't work for another. I am not a fan of E'tac at all, and love createx. But its always worth trying something different, even if its only to confirm you were right all along. :)
    jord001, Ronald art and doc1 like this.
  6. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I love both Etac EFX and all the createx varieties. Both have there place depending on what you want the outcome to be . . .
    jord001 likes this.
  7. Lt4-396

Lt4-396 Spider Splatterer

What kind of paper were you using to try erasing on?
  8. Ronald art

I always use shoellershammer 6G paper