For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Aa wicked Ci reducer

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by steve1111, Feb 28, 2017.

1. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I only use 25-30psi from a distance, I'm probably more at 10 for detail work.
    what sort of reduction are you using with the reducer... after a lot of teething problems I now put 3 drops of reducer in the cup, then one drop of Illustration, then back flush to mix and it seems to work fine through a .18 CM-b - test spray, adjust pressure until its spraying nicely.
    I wasted a lot of paint early on, almost filling a b cup with paint only to throw it out when it wasn't working/ to much paint for the project.
    I find the Illustration & Bloodline separate in the bottle very quickly if its left standing too long. If mine has been standing for a week or more, I'll actually get in the bottle with a hooked piece of stiff wire and give it a good stir. Maybe the paint is separating on you're actually using the 'top part' of the bottle, which will be more binder than pigment (the pigment sinks) if its not thoroughly mixed.
    Createx was my common source of frustration when I started, it knocked my confidence big time, I switched to Etac and the confidence grew. now I understand the basics a lot more, I get a lot less frustrated with it.
  2. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Steve, what are you cleaning your brush with? Are you making sure it is rinsed real well? A cleaning residue will certainly affect the paint and reducer which would happen in the cup like you describe.
  3. steve1111

steve1111 Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

I leave it at 25 to 30 psi and adjust the mac valve to the pressure I want. Strange I'm getting this problem all of a sudden where Iv never had an issue. My reduction is basically the same as what you are doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. steve1111

I do s rinse with water to clean most of my cup then a final flush with 4012. Iv only ever use the createx line in my micron. Done some experimenting with different paints in the cheapie brush I have

5. steve1111

So this is a new bottle of illustration sepia new hp reducer new mixing cup. Left it sitting for about 3 min with the lid on. Sloshed it around the cup so you can see the grain. This is clogging up my ab like crazy [​IMG] it gets worse the longer it's left hope you can see what I'm talking about or am I crazy lol

6. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Is your problem only with the Sepia color? The reason I ask is that I had a brand new bottle of sepia that did nothing but clog my brush. I bought a new bottle and the problem solved. Suggestion, you could use a piece of panty hose and filter the paint.
  7. steve1111

No it happens with a few other colours as well Iv tried straining with no luck might get done standard reducer and try that

8. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Remind me Never make Squishy Mad!:eek::eek:
    steve1111, markjthomson and Malky like this.
  9. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Your clogging issue might be that You have a clog in the brush still even after cleaning,I would tear it down again and make sure everything is spotless,also have you tried reducing with water and see what happens that might tell you if its the reducer or the paint?
  10. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Good job you're the only clown I like lol lol lol.

Where health is concerned, I got your backs.
  11. JackEb

JackEb Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

I'll have a play with my paint and see if it does the same thing, but it wont be for about 8 hours....... I'm at work..... working...... really I am :D That's the good part about being a desk jockey....... always have access to the WWWlol
    steve1111 and markjthomson like this.