AAXA kp 101-01

J

JCD

I picked up the projector to help me with practice and I'm impressed.

It gets two thumbs up if your looking for a projector to help with airbrushing.

Here is a picture of Emma Stone taken at 8:30am (daylight)

To use it for outlining you'll need a way to mount it vertically, I built a simple adjustable arm with a 90 degree bracket.

Jim

View attachment 34495

Copied the specs from AAXA

Max Resolution: 1920x1080 (1080p)
Native Resolution: 960x540 (qHD)
Max Brightness (DC): 25 Lumens
Max Brightness (Battery): N/A
Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
Projection Lens: Manual Focus
Projection Image: Available Size 5 ~ 60 inch
Lamp: Triple RGB LEDs with Vibrant Color Technology
Life 15,000hrs

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
Battery Runtime 80 Minutes
Audio Output 1W Speaker
Stereo speaker/headphone mini-jack
Color: White/Black
File Playback: MicroSD & USB Host reader
Menu Language: English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese
Aspect Ratio Control: 16:9
Dimensions: 115mm x 62mm x 20mm
Weight: 0.4 lbs
Power Consumption: 6W
Supported Formats MP3 / WMA / OGG / WAV / AVI
BMP / JPG / GIF / TXT
Conformances: CE, FCC Class A

INPUTS / OUTPUTS
Video In: Mini-HDMI
Composite A/V (3.5mm Jack)
Audio Out: 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
USB: Full Sized USB 2.0

I have the P4 model and love it. I just set it up on a camera tripod so I can set the angles easily.

I have a similar 3m projector, works ok, just wish it had better inputs.

I,ve got the artograph projector and for the price it's served me well but it has the draw back of only being able to take a 5x5 inch image which has to be a very sharp image, which costs a lot on printer ink so I,m looking at the digital option. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the £50 cheapy eBay/amazon ones?, I,m sure their probably rubbish for moving pictures, gaming etc but I wonder how clear a still image would be?
I,m on a budget so I can,t stretch too far but I can,t find any into on these, any advise would be helpful!

look around and see whats available within your budget and get the best you can... for a still image you dont need much.

I,ve got the artograph projector and for the price it's served me well but it has the draw back of only being able to take a 5x5 inch image which has to be a very sharp image, which costs a lot on printer ink so I,m looking at the digital option. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the £50 cheapy eBay/amazon ones?, I,m sure their probably rubbish for moving pictures, gaming etc but I wonder how clear a still image would be?
I,m on a budget so I can,t stretch too far but I can,t find any into on these, any advise would be helpful!

Forget that, as Mitch always says you get what you pay for, which I didn't listen to, so I went ahead and got one, if you check the technical specifications of them thoroughly what you are looking for isn't the fact that it can project a 1080p image but it's "Native resolution" with these projectors that is usually anywhere from 360 X 240 to 680 X 420, this refers to the number of lines used to make up the projected image, these lines show up on your image and make nearly impossible to see what your trying to trace.

I have the Artograph tracer too, and I prefer that to the projector which I have never bothered to use.

If you want a decent projector you have to make it's it's native resolution is at least 720p and that will set you back around 3 to 4 hundred minimum, so please trust me and don't do it.

Forget that, as Mitch always says you get what you pay for, which I didn't listen to, so I went ahead and got one, if you check the technical specifications of them thoroughly what you are looking for isn't the fact that it can project a 1080p image but it's "Native resolution" with these projectors that is usually anywhere from 360 X 240 to 680 X 420, this refers to the number of lines used to make up the projected image, these lines show up on your image and make nearly impossible to see what your trying to trace.

I have the Artograph tracer too, and I prefer that to the projector which I have never bothered to use.

If you want a decent projector you have to make it's it's native resolution is at least 720p and that will set you back around 3 to 4 hundred minimum, so please trust me and don't do it.

Thanks for the sound advise madbrush!,,:thumbsup:

Thanks for the sound advise madbrush!,,:thumbsup:

No problem mate, I muff everything up so you guys don't have to, lol

you know you can use your trace to project images direct from book or magazines, I have actually used mine to project the images on postcards and such, you can also move you tracer a round a bigger image so you could actually do an a4 image in segments, if you plan it, all that is important is the distance between your lens and the substrate.

But as rick said simply look around for the bargain but don't confuse bargain with cheap, look at little Pico projectors like the phillips and such, these are usually very affordable sometimes under 150 quid, and as I said all your concerned about is the native resolution, the higher the better.

Back