For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

About Transparent Base

Discussion in 'Airbrush Paints' started by ZJOmega, Feb 19, 2017.

1. ZJOmega

ZJOmega Double Actioner

I bought the Createx Bloodline set and it came with a Transparent Base. How and what is this used for? I completely forgot I had it and was cleaning up the other day and seen it so I figured I would ask.
  2. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

It is basically paint without pigment. It is a little confusing as createx refer to it in in terms of reduction. However what is does is actually reduce the amount of pigment by volume so you can make colours less intense/lighter shades/increase transparency, and this can also help with flow. It should however be used in conjunction with reducer to reduce viscosity for best performance (this is just my take and what I have found works best for me, a Createx Wicked fan using it on many surfaces.)

It is also good if you have over reduced, but need to give more body back to the paint. T-shirt/fabric artists find it useful as a base coat - when heat set it flattens nap and gives a good surface to paint on, and it can also be used as a light intercoat/topcoat although I haven't used it for this reason.

Useful stuff.
    MeeshellMP, HiraMahi and ZJOmega like this.
  3. ZJOmega

ZJOmega Double Actioner

Very Good explanation! Thank you much!
    HiraMahi likes this.
  4. IPT

IPT Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

also good fr (though the new 4030 may be better) as an intercoat to lock in your work. Nice little barrier to add some protection if you will be taping or masking over it.