Advice needed: which paint to buy for my new micron 0.18? (Combination with createx wicked)

I use wicked through my micron, just strain and reduce the heck out of it.

Straining with pantyhose over the bottle works great. But be aware that you are concentrating what is left in the bottle, so that by the time you get towards the bottom Wicked becomes harder to use. Colours such as black and white in particular. You can add some transparent base ( basically carrier without pigment) to help with this.

I wish someone would come up with a super cheap mini strainer which you could buy like in a bag on 1000 pieces. Then airbrushers could strain staight into the cup like it is supposed to be done. Very often the there's dried paint on top of the caps of the bottles and even if one uses the pantyhose(under the cap) style strainer, there can be lumps on top of the pantyhose. There can also be other contaminants in mixing cups or something can come of the stick you're stirring the paint, many possibilities. The fact is, paint should be filtered into the cup, then close the lid and then spray.

I wish someone would come up with a super cheap mini strainer which you could buy like in a bag on 1000 pieces. Then airbrushers could strain staight into the cup like it is supposed to be done. Very often the there's dried paint on top of the caps of the bottles and even if one uses the pantyhose(under the cap) style strainer, there can be lumps on top of the pantyhose. There can also be other contaminants in mixing cups or something can come of the stick you're stirring the paint, many possibilities. The fact is, paint should be filtered into the cup, then close the lid and then spray.

You only need to take off the bottle top and clean after a couple of uses to clean dried paint out of the spout.

Yeah that works also. Maybe it would be a little overkill, but thats how it's done in the automotive painters world and then they could do a super fine mesh to filter more accurately compared to pantyhose. Just a tought that crossed my mind.

Back