Airbrush display stand

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
A friend of mine is buying all the vintage airbrushes off ebay that he can. Now he wants to display them. So I started looking around. And with being my interest now in fountain pens I thought of the stands they use for them.

I looked on ebay and found some displays for very cheap. I knew they would not be 100% correct but if I have one I can work on a design and have it made locally. So today it arrived after 6 weeks in the mail. I opened it and the one side had a crack in Luckily not completely broken. It does not bother me because I only cost me $1.38 and that included the shipping.

stand_unpacked.jpg

It goes together very easy and I immediately saw that the bottom rack will not be used. And with the top horizontal support but be left out as it gets in the way of the top gun.

stand_without_guns.jpg

There is also a certain way you have to order the guns. Gravity feed guns need to be at the top because the supports are in the way. So I can not put them in order of value or range.

stand_with_guns.jpg

I now have a starting point and already know what to change.

By the way, the guns in the picture are from top to bottom. Iwata Eclipse HP-CS, Harder & Steenbeck Evolution CR-Plus, Iwata Custom Micron CM-SB, Iwata Eclipse HP-SBS and Badger 150.

Now that you have a pattern you can make them pretty quick with a band saw and a Router with a pattern bit?

Now that you have a pattern you can make them pretty quick with a band saw and a Router with a pattern bit?

No problem at all. I'm just gonna see where to modify what and then send it to the acrylic cutter that did my airbrush shape key rings.

Back