Airbrush not spraying paint? HELP!

M

Mony

Now before you tell me clean it, I will tell you I'VE ALREADY did, well i think so. I cleaned the needle which was quite dirty and i cleaned my nozzle and tighten it up with that little wrench.
BUT still my paint is not flowing throw the airbrush, I cleaned the airbrush again and put some nail polisher but still, I've tried reducing the paint but still, I've added water only in the airbrush, it goes throw but like a soft small mist of water BARLEY noticeable, sometimes the paint splatters small drops then i suspect there is tip dry but after I check there is nothing..
After that it leaks through the nozzle... My needle is clean Ive soaken the tip of the airbrush in nail polisher for 5 min still nothing
ANYONE PLEASE REVIVE ME

Ur nozzle is full of gunk, not easy to clean, use airbrush cleaner and a sharpend toothpick, hearing how bad it sprays, the needle would prob be less out if u pay attention, cus of the heavy gunk build up.

sounds like you are using the wrong cleaning product. Water based paint use Restorer made by Createx, soak the nozzle for 20 minutes.
You may also have a seal that is not making a good seal even though you used the wrench to tighten it up. Us some bees wax on the threads to ensure you have a good seal .
Also when you insert the needle do you feel the resistance at the needle bearing when you install the needle.
I am assume you are using waterbased paint.

sounds like you are using the wrong cleaning product. Water based paint use Restorer made by Createx, soak the nozzle for 20 minutes.
You may also have a seal that is not making a good seal even though you used the wrench to tighten it up. Us some bees wax on the threads to ensure you have a good seal .
Also when you insert the needle do you feel the resistance at the needle bearing when you install the needle.
I am assume you are using waterbased paint.

Yes am using transparent createx paints, and badger cleaner, specifically made for airbrushes, I will now try to soak all parts of the tip (three parts).
I've never understood what to seal, I mean there is a small rubber that came with the airbrush is that enough?

Ur nozzle is full of gunk, not easy to clean, use airbrush cleaner and a sharpend toothpick, hearing how bad it sprays, the needle would prob be less out if u pay attention, cus of the heavy gunk build up.
Just seen the nozzle...I think your right there IS alot of blue paint, gonna soak it up with airbrush cleaner (badger). Ive suspected that problem before but when that happens the paint splatters constantly, my paint splatter only when i push for air. that why I did not check it.
Be right back gonna clean that little bugger!!

Nail polish remover is acetone make water base paints turn to goo.
While the airbrush cleaner made by badger is good the Restorer made by Createx is better. Plus you can use it over and over again providing you do not mix water with it....
You should only have to soak the nozzle.
as far as were to put the bees wax that is on the threads that hold the nozzle on.
But I am sure Ken Badger can enlighten you better .
sometimes people tend to over tighten the ones with o-rings on them crushing the o-ring and making it leak.

Oh and how about a little introdro.....Nothing wrong with telling us a little about ya self .

Oh and how about a little introdro.....Nothing wrong with telling us a little about ya self .
hehe.. such a surprising form!!
Well am not that interesting but if you insist :)
Am called by the name mony which in arabic means abdulrahman which is my name, I live in the middle east and art in that part of the earth is....well dead and its hard to let my talent survive. Theres isn't a single art store, except one. it sells my drawing equipment but it lacks pretty much all the airbrush and painting equipment, what i found was few badger airbrushed and a compressor only. (All my stuff are ordered online which is pretty hard to get here).
Am a pencil artist and for my age (14) I think am good, many professional artist told me that, Now I dont mean to be selfish. My home is pencil art with graphite the one that I can easily control, another thing that is completely off airbrushing or drawing is photography, when i have enough time i always drift to my cameras and lens, I am more in macro photography if you know what that is. link to a photograph () and a drawing ()
Too much talking here..
am always inspired by airbrushing and painting, and I've bought an airbrush two years ago and I used it for the first week and the airbrush started to crumble.. I was completely unaware of cleaning, maintaining it, or anything to keep it safe. It stopped spraying completely I gave up on airbrushing :( (i was too young to understand)

And that was a BIIG mistake, now picked up all the airbrush trinkets and started again, with the advantage of... INTERNET!! yes internet helped alot.. you it is :)and a heart full of passion. I just started airbrushing (week ago) and what my aim for this week is to get completely familiar with the aibrush and maintaining it PERRRFECTLY, without a scratch. The only problem is the one i posted here and i think i came to a solution.

Hi Mony. Your drawing is very good. I like macro photography too and have a macro lens for my Canon. I generally use it to photograph my wire and clay jewelry designs rather than shooting nature. But, some macro photographs are very cool (gets so close that you see the fur on a bee). I would like to see some of your airbrush work. Post it when you are ready.

they are impressive young man! you have an eye for the arts no doubt!

Mony Welcome home,
Man that drawing of the colt is awesome, I can hardly wait until you learn to use the airbrush there will be no stopping you than.

Back