Airbrush workspace - DIY stands for motorcycle parts

M

MarcinG

Gents,

Does any of you know or have a link to some information or tutorial on how to build stands to mount motorcycle tanks, fenders for painting?
On ebay I can find stuff for cars (to hold hoods, doors etc) so nothing that would work for bike parts (I assume?)

What I'm after is stuff like on those 2 photos... just not sure where to get them or how to assemble the lot.

eastwood stand 240.jpg100's Bill 100 Percent_full.jpeg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Marcin

Oh cool, can you let us know the source for the photo's? It might help identify the seller and the product.

Nice find...not likely to go through though... not many backers throwing money at it..
but it gives me an idea on how I could build one myself.

So far that's the only option...get some scrap metal, arc welder and off I go :/

Nice find...not likely to go through though... not many backers throwing money at it..
but it gives me an idea on how I could build one myself.

So far that's the only option...get some scrap metal, arc welder and off I go :/

That's why they call us "starving" artists because we have to build or create our own products to do what we love. lol

Necessity is the mother of invention Lol. My hubs made me some, don't look pretty but do the job.

When I did the boys pocket bike, I screwed 2x2s in a bunch of different configuations to hold the parts up.
The only problem I had was turning it around for the different areas. When I do something like that again, Im going to build it with a swivel base. I have an old swiveling bar stool I will rip into. These threads are giving me alot of good ideas......
Cheers

hmmmm... I was thinking it looked a lot like old Ironing board legs without the table top.... and maybe an extension off a guitar stand.... cheap easy and should easily hold weight.... threaded hole in the main shaft with a bolt/screw for adjusting height.... bam! Done and done.......just better ask forgiveness from the significant other in an expensive way lol.

Tank Paint Pro tank stand info

Hi and Greetings. I have just added some new pictures and some videos to the website TankPaintPro . com as well as a stand that is different than the Eastwood shown above for the Tank Paint Pro picture.
In the next couple of weeks I will be adding some new stuff to the site. Please come by and tell us what you think. Is anyone going to be in Daytona this year for Biketoberfest?
I look forward to reading more and talking with you all. This is my first time on the site and there is a ton to go over here.

Attachments

• Tank-Paint-Pro-Stand-and-Model.jpg
    Tank-Paint-Pro-Stand-and-Model.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 15
I adapted stands that I picked up at Harbor Freight , used normally for long pieces of lumber at a chop saw to keep everything level...they were only 7 bucks...

Attachments

• DSCN1177.jpg
    DSCN1177.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 27
Back