For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

airbrushing a image on a black( or whatever) leather jacket

Discussion in 'What would you like to learn here?' started by chicagobob, Jun 3, 2016.

1. chicagobob

chicagobob Young Tutorling

Need some help here plaese
  2. RebelAir

RebelAir Air-Valve Autobot!

Depends what it is..you can paint on leather but honestly not that well..leather or any material that may release oils aint a good thing for adhesion of any paint product, not only that you would effectively not be able to oil the leather after the work which may not bode well for the jacket, plus the fact its not a very stable surface, constantly the leather itself is effectively drying, shrinking and expanding with moisture, breaking down etc...You can seal it somewhat and perhaps chemically treat it and gain better adhesion but I would doubt the shelf life of the painted work with any prep..So not impossible but would suggest this to any potential customer wanting one that the work may not last long unless being stored in a glass cabinet..What is it you actually want to do?
  3. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

Hi, if you are trying to paint a black leather jacket , I tried this a while back have so have a look at this link, it may help Gorilla Jacket

I first cleaned the jacket with denatured alcohol , the finished jacket was then also sealed with a coat of etac AG2050
    Cheers
    RebelAir likes this.