Aircom flat 20A is leaking oil

The oil came from your motor as mentioned, it makes it's way through your pipes and almost everywhere air can go, it's carried by the air, the gold thing is a safety feature, if your compressor fails to cut out when it should this will automatically open to release pressure to avoid your compressor being damaged by pressure overload, this part needs to be cleaned as well, you should be able to remove the pipe leading into it and clean the inside of the pipe and you can clean the inside of the from behind with your brake cleaner just with a cotton bud (wattenstaafje) you don't need to remove this part.

Looking at the second photo in this post, that rubber gasket has been removed before, it looks to me like it has replaced wrong and the edge of it facing us has been folded over on itself when it was put back, you can actually see old oil residue on the metal next to it, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the cause of your "under-pressure" to from the start, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was also why the previous owner sold it on.

With Mel's manual and all the photo's you have taken you should be able to take off as much you can to clean everything really precise, but do it in stages so that you don't confuse yourself and you know where everything came from, even continue to make photos of each part before you take them off.

P.S. if you contact the guy who told you what was wrong, he may be able to help you by advising you how to place an "in-Line" oil filter directly after the motor to help you avoid this kind of thing in the future, since you're pulling everything apart now anyway, now would be a good time to do that and such a filter is only a matter of a few €'s and well worth it, bigger more expensive compressors normally have these already.
Thank you really much for your reply and help, it is very usefull!!

Oil just arived...But I can't get the oil drain bolt open :mad: It's very tight...Does somebody knows a trick to open this **** thing?

I have the oil out of the tank. I have made a little vacuumcleaner with a straw and syring. After that I was thinking it would be good to suck al moister out of the back. I sucked out 60ml of water&oil. But now I an thinking..did Ijust suck out the oil that is there for the motor?? Or was it al build up dirt moister? (I dont want my compressor to get over headed becaus I have sucked out is oil.
Uses the motor the same oil as that I filled in the tank? Or is it another oilsystem?

(the photo is the 60ml of dirt out of the back)

Attachments

• rps20160601_193925.jpg
    rps20160601_193925.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
  • rps20160601_193941.jpg
    rps20160601_193941.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 13
I have the oil out of the tank. I have made a little vacuumcleaner with a straw and syring. After that I was thinking it would be good to suck al moister out of the back. I sucked out 60ml of water&oil. But now I an thinking..did Ijust suck out the oil that is there for the motor?? Or was it al build up dirt moister? (I dont want my compressor to get over headed becaus I have sucked out is oil.
Uses the motor the same oil as that I filled in the tank? Or is it another oilsystem?

(the photo is the 60ml of dirt out of the back)

It's all the same oil but it should only be in the motor, so you did it good, when you refill it with your motors oil just keep an eye on the little window Mel showed you, you shouldn't need to worry about overheating, your compressor will have an automatic cut out to switch it off if it gets too hot.

Clever trick with the syringe, and it looks like an oil change was needed looking at the particles in that little bowl, keep going as you are, you'll have an almost new compressor when your done:thumbsup:

Thank you for youre help again! I am very relieved to hear that. Now I do the last clean up from the Back and than I fill HIM up! I think there is Some more oil/water in the back..But I thought I could better ask first if I was doing it good This way

When I brought it 2 months ago, I didn't get the oil out before move it to my home. Is that the reason it is in there? If thats it, I don't understand way I didn't notes any oil in the first weeks I used it.

When I brought it 2 months ago, I didn't get the oil out before move it to my home. Is that the reason it is in there? If thats it, I don't understand way I didn't notes any oil in the first weeks I used it.

Depending on how much you were using it the oil would probably make its way slowly into other places but I think it's presence is down to more reasons, the move while it was still filled wouldn't help but as I said I'm sure the previous owner did some faulty tampering going by the condition of the rubber gasket, I'm geyssing the previous owner didn't have a clue since if he had he would have emptied it for you or at least told you to keep it upright.

I wouldn't worry too much about why it happened now, you're on your way to fixing it and that's all that matters now, when you finish cleaning everything be sure to also clean out any brake cleaner and other cleaners and let it all dry out for a few days before you actually use it.

Hello all,

The last days I tested the compressor, and yesterday I had some moister trough my airbrush again, and also on the inside of roof of the compressor. I was affraid the cleaning process did not worked.
To see what kind of moister came out of the pressostaat I let HIM run with the roof of and I notice it came from the pressure release valve. I taped a tissue over it to capture the moister and it is water with a little bit of oil. I think some left over residu. I am happy that it is not only oil. I hope it will be dryer over some time.
To be more sure of clean air I brought a inline airfilter for right under the airbrush. I am gonna test it tonight.

I am not sure if I do the water release thing on the back of the compressor right. How often should I do this? And with how much psi?
I was thinking that maybe that is my problem, Because the first two days I was testing I didn't have this problem at all.

Today I was really lucky, Because I was able to buy a second hand Infinity cr plus! WoW, he's looking so nice! Now try if he works as good as he looks!

There is normally a release valve of some sort on the bottom of the tank, it allows moisture out. ('Drain the tank') open the valve and leave it open, anytime you've finished for the day
If you (and previous owner) have only been using the 'emergency relief valve' (it is normally colored and has a ring attached for easy gripping) then that could be adding to your issues, they're generally not situated low enough to remove the moisture.
As for how often I drain the tank... Every time I've finished for the day

Thank you for youre help. I have been using the one on the bottom/backside of the tank, not the emergency valve (should I ever do something with that?).
Can I leave the tank open for the night (or days)? That I have not been done before.

the emergency valve (also called 'Pressure Safety Relief Valve') is there if the tank over pressurises, it should let off on its own so you should never need to touch it. I occasionally give it a tug to make sure it still works, I don't like the idea of having shrapnel thrown at my face if the tank explodes.
Yes you can (and should) leave the drain 'plug' open while not using it. any excess moisture will self drain while its not in use.

Thank you! I never know this. Ill start doing it right now. I hope this will help!
Again, thanks a lot!!

Yay, I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about - I do know something even if its not how to paint, doesn't stop me trying though lol

Yay, I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about - I do know something even if its not how to paint, doesn't stop me trying though lol

I would be very happy if I could paint like you do! I love you're koala and dragon!:thumbsup:

I didn't paint the koala or the dragon, they were done by other members here and sent to me as part of our paint pal challenges. There will be another one shortly I would think so keep an eye out for it

Hello all,

The last days I tested the compressor, and yesterday I had some moister trough my airbrush again, and also on the inside of roof of the compressor. I was affraid the cleaning process did not worked.
To see what kind of moister came out of the pressostaat I let HIM run with the roof of and I notice it came from the pressure release valve. I taped a tissue over it to capture the moister and it is water with a little bit of oil. I think some left over residu. I am happy that it is not only oil. I hope it will be dryer over some time.
To be more sure of clean air I brought a inline airfilter for right under the airbrush. I am gonna test it tonight.

I am not sure if I do the water release thing on the back of the compressor right. How often should I do this? And with how much psi?
I was thinking that maybe that is my problem, Because the first two days I was testing I didn't have this problem at all.

Today I was really lucky, Because I was able to buy a second hand Infinity cr plus! WoW, he's looking so nice! Now try if he works as good as he looks!
you've got it pretty sorted I think - do you have a moisture trap in your air line?

Yes, two days ago I buyed airline moisture traps.
I hope that I have covered the problem now. Tonight I'm gonna test it again.

Back