Aloha from Scotland

Hi Jiro, glad to have you along. This is a fun learning curve, ask lots, read lots and have a look at some of the work in the gallery. Best thing starting out is have a really good look through the tutorials on the airbrushtutor site on the basics. Get those well practiced and it will help a whole heap with your learning.

Cheers Mark

That's cos we're the best *swells head* lol. Hi from way down on the south coast of England.

If you haven't bought kit yet, ask here if you have an idea of what you want we can tell you if its suitable for what you want to do with it. We all have our faces mind, but we can give reasons why we think it will be better for you, so you have something to base a decision on, and you def won't get steered wrong.

You're not the only new one. This place has great folk and information.

How abstract? Enjoy...

Welcome from Australia.
Never be worried about asking questions or showing us examples of what you're having trouble with. We like helping :D

thanks all for the welcomes! this place is the friendliest!

had originally planned to get my advice and probably never come back (not a big forum user) but shall continue to check in and keep folk up to date with my achievements and struggles no doubt!

Steven McCracken - pretty abstract! I'm an illustrator recently turned fine artist so it's all about bold colourful childish shapes yayoi kusama style!
Very excited to add some airbrushing to my work in the near future.

What do you all do/airbrush???

please do come back, firstly to show us some pics of your stuff, (we're nosy) and secondly because there's a fairly steep learning curve, and someone could literally save you weeks (months) of trial and error etc :)

I learnt to AB to paint my bike, and like to do auto stuff, but everything starts to look like a canvas pretty soon so I've painted leather, pic/mirror frames, baseball caps, Welding masks, helmets, car parts, a wall, Vape boxes, shoes etc...and paper/board. Its addictive.

My goal os to create original fantasy art, and to keep learning and having fun.

Hey Squishy,

Sounds interesting! I'll be starting with canvas myself as there are some specific uses I have in mind but can see that it's a very versatile tool which makes it an exciting thing to get into! No doubt I'll post some images when I get started.

Are you planning to gesso your canvas? If you want to do lots of fine work its better as the texture of the canvas can make lines look less crisp and clean. But for larger work its not so bad :). Looking forward to seeing some photos, and if you have any issues in the meantime, shout out :)

Cavases are gesso'd sanded and waiting! Will probably do some stuff on them pre airbrush too.... excited to have something to upload! wont be till sometime January earliest though..

Hi Ferret!

Back