Alternate paints to Auto Air Colour Transparent?

O

OMGisKitKat

So I have been trying to find auto air colours, but no retailers are carrying them. Anyone know any alternative brands to their transparent line?

Auto air is a water based but made with custom paint in mind. The closest alternative will be E'tac private stock (maybe holbein??), a lot of people seem to use wicked also (never tried that myself though)

If you are not using it for automotive stuff any other water based brand should do though (comart, createx illustration, golden, schmincke etc)

Wicked uses the same binder but the pigments are ground finer. The two can also be mixed since the binder is the same.

Ahh yes @Malky , just found out in introductions.. Hmm don't know who to suggest for suppliers over there in Japan but i would try to get some Wicked as its water based and very similar to Auto Air, i would say its better infact. It has transparent and opaque paints in the range.

Lee

Ahh yes @Malky , just found out in introductions.. Hmm don't know who to suggest for suppliers over there in Japan but i would try to get some Wicked as its water based and very similar to Auto Air, i would say its better infact. It has transparent and opaque paints in the range.

Lee

I would imagine there is loads of com-art there, lol

I think SMDesigns (Simon Murray) carries it in Northern Ireland, but I recommend Wicked if you cant get Auto Air - get the 4012 reducer too, as it makes it flow like a dream.

Actually I am curious what is AutoAir transparent line....anyone know what it is?

You can also try uv resistant printer refills, you want dye based(candy paint is dye based not ink) mixed in medium or clear coat. I haven't done it much, mostly sprayed the straight dye on paper

You can also try uv resistant printer refills, you want dye based(candy paint is dye based not ink) mixed in medium or clear coat. I haven't done it much, mostly sprayed the straight dye on paper
Printer refills? First time seeing that use in airbrushing

Printer refills? First time seeing that use in airbrushing
Chuck Bauman i think had it on his website as a cheap way to do candy effects. It's water soluble so that needs to be kept in mind, i found it works the same as the very expensive airbrushable ink.

Back