Another Aussie!

S

Supernova

Ok, I've been a member on here for a few months now and learning heaps. However it's time to stop lurking in the shadows and introduce myself. I'm David. I live in Adelaide, Australia with my partner and 2 young boys. I finance my airbrushing by working in the aviation industry. I began airbrushing in February this year and love it. I'm currently training with Airbrush Venturi and my plan is to continue with them for the next year before looking at other options. My interests are monochrome portraits and eventually animal pictures, when I learn how to do fur. I plan to spend at least 10 hours/week airbrushing.
I came across this forum through Mitch's videos which are not only informative but entertaining.
I've been continuously in awe of the talent on this forum from all parts of the globe and have been wondering if I'm worthy :whistling: . However the friendly, helpful, humble and "spread the love" attitude of everyone on here makes me feel welcome. Sorry for hiding so long but thanks for the wonderfully informative posts.

Welcome Home and it is about time you came out of hiding in the wood work:D
I have had a few friends go through the Venturi courses and they did some amazing work.
Now that you have came out of hiding it is time to post up some painting you have done and let us all see .

Welcome Home and it is about time you came out of hiding in the wood work:D
I have had a few friends go through the Venturi courses and they did some amazing work.
Now that you have came out of hiding it is time to post up some painting you have done and let us all see .
Thank you Mr Micron. I think I need a minimum # of posts to attach pics? My avatar is my Miles Davis portrait. I look forward to posting more soon. By the way, I love your recent skull picture.

Thanks David ,
You can call me Herb being that is my real name..
Cool avatar pic ,
I am not sure if the post count thing is still in effect since we switched to the new server and program.
Might just give it a try and see.

Welcome from Philly! Looking forward to seeing your work.
Thanks Kasey. I look forward to sharing my work soon. I know it's not great at this point in time but I am continuing to learn and improve. I hope that sharing my work and getting helpful critiques will be a good way of pushing myself to the next level in my airbrushing.

This is the perfect place for helpful, friendly help enjoy.

Hello David and welcome from the east coast US, if this no talent peon can learn to paint at least some resemblance of a picture, you can do it...lol This is absolutely the place to be!

Welcome from Washington State from another fellow David :) Happy Foruming

Hello David and welcome from the east coast US, if this no talent peon can learn to paint at least some resemblance of a picture, you can do it...lol This is absolutely the place to be!
Thanks Shadow, you give me hope. I was never that good at drawing but for sone reason airbrushing seems to have a different skill set or use a different part of the brain. The more I do it, the more confidence I get and this forum will be a great boost.

Hi David, glad you came out of the darkness and into the orange! Great bunch of good eggs here, who will be very interested to see what you've learned at Venturi, and give advice and support. Post up those pics when you can, and welcome from the uk!

Back