For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Another new toy

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by bentoad, Mar 8, 2014.

1. bentoad

bentoad Detail Decepticon!

This mini sub is everything a real one is camera ballast tank with pump. dive planes rudder front viewing dome. It list for $1069 dollars and needs assembling.It has been sitting on the shelf at the hobby shop I do part time high tech repairs that that their tecs can't handle. It has been their for about 2 years so I traded a couple of paintings."TALK ABOUT STEPPING INTO IT" Anyway this is last night and todays progress. This has a million parts and a pain to make sure it is water tight. Will try for some videos next week as tomorrow is sailboat races. think I can sell this on E-BAY and make some money after I play with it for a while. this is one of those toys that are fun at first then sit on the shelf. lucky toad

Attached Files:

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

3. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

Cool, how come you are allowed so many toys ? I am only allowed a couple
  4. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

well hell there ya go.... i was thing of ways to deploy my go por cam this summer in the rivers where i kayak....but what would be nice is if it could trasmit live video while submerged....
  5. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Dang my oldest had one of those but it was not near that costly. But I had a friend who worked for a toy MFG so my son have subs, tanks trucks and cars , Most he crashed but they did not cost me anything but time to help him build the engine for his race car and set up the front end .
    But you are right after the new wears off they are just dust collectors...LOL
  6. bentoad

I love to kayak tucky. Florida is all water and swamps. kayakers dream. bentad

Attached Files:

7. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

iv been thinking of buying that new electric clider from park zone its a wee little thing
  8. bentoad

If you are talking about the RADIAN . the three channel without the ailerons is a nice gentle flyer and a good choice. the aileron model has a straighter wing and is a more advanced flyer as it is not as stable because they took some dihedral out of the wing to accommodate the ailerons. It is made of Elapor foam and can be repaired with White 15 min. Gorilla glue that expands into the little cracks and makes a repair that is stronger that the foam.You have to baby sit it and wipe the expanding excess glue as it dries. I think I did segment where I broke the wing off my Park Master,and I am still flying it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  9. airbrushingferret

yes thev radian tere putting out a smaller version this month also riverside has a wee piper cub i use to fly a spirit 100 i built as a straight wing i took the poly hedral oot it was fast i cant realy afford the upgraded radian i thing i want to just mess around with something small in my yard i was thinking of building a gentel lady as well i had one of those with the gas engine but it seemed under powered also i would like electric but the important part would be to build a light weight glider with flaps and ailerons for short landings theres not much space around here i think if i did get a glider i would check out the radian but the idea of somethoing small is i dont have to go to a flying field lol just fly in the yard
  10. airbrushingferret

what would you recomend for fast electric that i can chase around all the vultures and hawks with lol i think one of the guys in the glider club once had chased a red tail hawk and it ataked the glider when they gotied it back it had talon marks on it lol and thain the blimp we joked around circle the blimp wen one flew over the field of course they were joking lol but it was funnyy
  11. tucky

tucky Detail Decepticon!

ky has the most running rivers in the u.s.. second to alaska..canyons... and pristine untouched rivers...its awesome...
  12. bentoad

I have a 2 meter SIG that is 35 years old and is almost just like a gentle lady. I would build the wing with the center section flat and the wing tips with dihedral. I would power it with a E-FLITE power 10 or equivalent. both are excellent 3 channel flyers. I retro fitd mine with spoilers for short field landings on the beach.[​IMG]You can go to you tube in bentoad to get my channel and look for several videos of my sig. I have one or two with my key fob camera taped to the wing . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rfKbKjTC8
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  13. bentoad

41 years ago the day I got married we left Miami in my Riviera a U-HAUL 2 dog and a cat. I bought 83 acres 30 miles north of Nashville And south off Ft. Campbell,KY in a place called Pleasantview, Tn.We had a boat and have been on every lake or river between Eufaula , Al to Kentucky lake and we saw some great scenery and wild life . that as before I 40 intestate hwy was built. great memories except for the cold this Miami boy gets cold when it gets below 80 degrees. Beautiful country up there.
  14. bentoad

Ferrett I was looking through some of my airplane stuff and have a couple of brushless motors that might work for you. If so I will give you one. Call me before you buy. I Might have something to fit your needs.Bruce