Any experience with Sparmax Brushes?

SiRoxx

Party Boy UK Style
Staff member
Mod
Hey Guys and Girls,
I’m thinking about getting a brush that has a fan cap for broader coverage. My budget is pretty tight and for a number of reasons the Mr Hobby PS-290 is pretty much the front runner. But I’ve found one from Sparmax, the GP-850 that comes in a little cheaper.
https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Sparmax-SP-20X-Airbrush-GP-850.html#SID=3221

It seems tough to find a good review of it, so I was wondering if anybody has any experience of this brush?
Thanks All.

Hey Guys and Girls,
I’m thinking about getting a brush that has a fan cap for broader coverage. My budget is pretty tight and for a number of reasons the Mr Hobby PS-290 is pretty much the front runner. But I’ve found one from Sparmax, the GP-850 that comes in a little cheaper.

It seems tough to find a good review of it, so I was wondering if anybody has any experience of this brush?
Thanks All.
i dont have any personal experience on it, but known a few people who used it in small scale furniture manufacturing, they mostly pretty shocked when they saw what i do with an airbrush, while they had no idea that the tools they had used has a wide variety of type and purpose. i cant be so sure what kind of paint they are using, but it was used for wide application like base coating & finishing coat, mostly they switch to sparmax instead of regular spray gun, while i believe if it comes to budget u cant go wrong to sparmax compared to mr.hobby.

Sent from Knockoff i-Fone [emoji14]

Why dont you buy an inexpensive mini spray gun, you can get them for less than £20 and they are quite good for the money.

Examples
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERGEN-G...194879&hash=item3d38421ba1:g:nVkAAOSwls5Y8Kgk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hvlp-Spr...819952?hash=item4b29fa5970:g:cAYAAOSww~xZ0HqO

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Gra...483372&hash=item1a1a737ea9:g:vpQAAOSwi0RXxAjo

Any like this will be ok for large coverage.

Lee
That’s a good thought Lee and I have considered the same thing. I should have said that this has been part of the puzzle that also includes a compressor. As best I understand it, My current one doesn’t seem to have the capacity to run anything with a Fan pattern. So I’ve searched around and tried to balance budget, noise and out put. The compressor I’m looking at will run a Fan pattern airbrush, but not a Mini Gun. That is only my understanding, so I’m totally open to being wrong [emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys and Girls,

Thanks All.

Get the Mr.Hobby / GSI brand - It's the same quality as na IWATA - guaranteed - I have 4 GSI airbrushes - love small - Including the 290 - spray nozzle and fan nozzle - lovely atomization (why I would go with this model over a spray gun) - I recently bought a Sparmax airbrush and didn't like it - Felt close to good but not good enough - Go with the GSI - japan made - quality chrome finish - IWATA parts will fit too.

Get the Mr.Hobby / GSI brand - It's the same quality as na IWATA - guaranteed - I have 4 GSI airbrushes - love small - Including the 290 - spray nozzle and fan nozzle - lovely atomization (why I would go with this model over a spray gun) - I recently bought a Sparmax airbrush and didn't like it - Felt close to good but not good enough - Go with the GSI - japan made - quality chrome finish - IWATA parts will fit too.
The GSI do get a lot of love from pretty much anyone who has them. @Robbyrockett2 is a big fan as is DaveG.
I’d be really interested to see if anyone has side by side experience if both. But the parts comparability is definitely a bonus for GSI.

i dont have any personal experience on it, but known a few people who used it in small scale furniture manufacturing, they mostly pretty shocked when they saw what i do with an airbrush, while they had no idea that the tools they had used has a wide variety of type and purpose. i cant be so sure what kind of paint they are using, but it was used for wide application like base coating & finishing coat, mostly they switch to sparmax instead of regular spray gun, while i believe if it comes to budget u cant go wrong to sparmax compared to mr.hobby.

Sent from Knockoff i-Fone [emoji14]
Thanks for the info. What makes you prefer Sparmax to Mr Hobby? Obviously I get that this is all pretty much opinion based, in just interested.

The GSI do get a lot of love from pretty much anyone who has them. @Robbyrockett2 is a big fan as is DaveG.
I’d be really interested to see if anyone has side by side experience if both. But the parts comparability is definitely a bonus for GSI.

I'll give you a comparison - GSI - Quality - all the way - All models are sublime - Tight handling and refined lines. Finish is excellent - A real Pro choice for a brush. Price is unmatched. Prime choice.
Sparmax - I recently bought the MX-35 - small cup model - kinda cheap at $75 from spray gunner - Sprayed like a Master airbrush. Kinda crap TBH - I was somewhat dismayed and shocked as they seem to be a brand with a nice edge. I was almost going to buy a higher model but this experience made me think twice. GSI - don't look back. Also SPRAYGUNNER.COM sell their parts which is amazeballs :)
So I'm sending the Sparmax back and swapping for a .... GSi PS 274 - I only wish GSI/Mr.Hobby made a small cup edition - that would be the icing!

- https://spraygunner.com/gsi-creos-mr-airbrush-procon-boy-ps-274-0-3mm/

I'll give you a comparison - GSI - Quality - all the way - All models are sublime - Tight handling and refined lines. Finish is excellent - A real Pro choice for a brush. Price is unmatched. Prime choice.
Sparmax - I recently bought the MX-35 - small cup model - kinda cheap at $75 from spray gunner - Sprayed like a Master airbrush. Kinda crap TBH - I was somewhat dismayed and shocked as they seem to be a brand with a nice edge. I was almost going to buy a higher model but this experience made me think twice. GSI - don't look back. Also SPRAYGUNNER.COM sell their parts which is amazeballs :)
So I'm sending the Sparmax back and swapping for a .... GSi PS 274 - I only wish GSI/Mr.Hobby made a small cup edition - that would be the icing!

- https://spraygunner.com/gsi-creos-mr-airbrush-procon-boy-ps-274-0-3mm/
Awesome, thanks. I have to say that I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad word about the GSI Brushes. All the feedback seems to be positive. The difference in price between the two models seems to be about £40, which isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things. You make a very persuasive argument Eyanobi, thanks for the info.

I was thinking more of cost @SiRoxx . I wasnt sure of what compressor you were running, But you are welcome to try one or more of my guns only issue is getting them to you.

Lee

I was thinking more of cost @SiRoxx . I wasnt sure of what compressor you were running, But you are welcome to try one or more of my guns only issue is getting them to you.

Lee
That’s really kind of you Jord thanks, but yeah getting it to me and hen back could be a pain. It’s an awesome suggestion to keep cost down if my compressor was man enough.
But it’s one of the eBay specials that you always see with the starter packs. It’s has a tank and is great for running a single AB, but that’s about it. I do have access to a turbine gun setup if I needed to go that route, my Dad has one.
All in all I think a fan brush is probably ok for my needs. I would think the biggest coverage I would need would be for Helmets and possibly a Bike Tank at the most. The budget will extend to a bigger compressor and £150 for a brush. So I should be ok, but don’t have the budget for a Kustom TH.

To be honest i bought a sp whatever .5 trigger action and returned it so quick, it felt alittle cheap and looked it to, not sure on there actual airbrushes but heard good things about the max 3 and 4 i own a kustom th as well and ita a beauty in every way

Thank Mike. If I had a larger budget I’d get the Kustom TH. But I think the GSI will be the one. DaveG is pretty convinced they come from the same factory as Iwata.

That would be a good choice i have mr. Hobby airbrushes and you cant go wrong for the price, but if you are on the market for a cheaper spray gun full size look into the meijis they are fabulous, i own 2 meiji mp3 and you cant go wrong with their gear, but ofcourse mr. Hobby is a hard cat to beat cause ypy get superb quality and performance for the money

Or i just remebered there is an airbrush called prevail vfan, its made by paasche for prevail, it comes with a believe a .9mm nozzle and fan cap, and can grt it in gravity or syphon, ive heard excellent reviews on those things, just a thought

Or i just remebered there is an airbrush called prevail vfan, its made by paasche for prevail, it comes with a believe a .9mm nozzle and fan cap, and can grt it in gravity or syphon, ive heard excellent reviews on those things, just a thought
Thanks Mike, I’ll take a look into that one.

Thank Mike. If I had a larger budget I’d get the Kustom TH. But I think the GSI will be the one. DaveG is pretty convinced they come from the same factory as Iwata.

Hey SiRoxx - I had a custom TH - and to be completely honest the GSI trigger fan brush was just as good - better as it cost a LOT less. If GSI sold t-shirts I'd probably buy one! lol :)

Hey SiRoxx - I had a custom TH - and to be completely honest the GSI trigger fan brush was just as good - better as it cost a LOT less. If GSI sold t-shirts I'd probably buy one! lol :)
Haha, sounds good. Thanks for the feedback buddy. I think I’ll probably go GSI. It’ll be a few months as I need to upgrade my compressor too.

Back