Any input on Paasche da400r?

Thank you for quick reply, I sure need help The compressor came with two pressure gauges, do I need a third one? I hope this link works if you could take a look http://www.californiaairtools.com/u...compressors/1-0-hp-air-compressors/cat-2010a/

Yes because the compressor one doesn't have the moisture filter, when you look at the two gauges, one tells you what pressure is contained in your tank, the other one with the adjustment knob allows to set the output pressure but it doesn't filter water or moisture, for airbrushing the moisture filters is essential, if you set the output on your compressor to around 4 bar, you could if you wish use the regulator form your old compressor assuming it had one, so actually you don't need three pressure gauges but you do need moisture filtering, if your compressor produces water as it will on very humid days this would get into your hose and brush and mix with your paint causing all kinds of problems.

The set up I suggested here and above is most the economical way to set up your compressor for airbrush use, but the set up also allows you to remove all the airbrushing fittings so that your compressor can be used as a normal compressor, for example, to blow up car tires or operate air operated tools such as nail/staple guns and mini spray guns which all have 1/4 connections.

Last edited:
Okies matey, i thought seeing the actual fittings would help. Does it have a female quick release already attached then, Hence the male coupler on the trap/regulator you posted.

Lee

Okies matey, i thought seeing the actual fittings would help. Does it have a female quick release already attached then, Hence the male coupler on the trap/regulator you posted.

Lee

Yes it does indeed have the 1/4 female quick release.:thumbsup:

I haven't figured how to attach pictures here from my iPhone..can I even do that?

Oops, you guys are quick
So should I go with your first advice about the attachments, Malky?

I haven't figured how to attach pictures here from my iPhone..can I even do that?

I'm pretty sure you can but you don't really need to, I just checked out the compressor at cal air tools' website so your fine.

If you need to post pictures in the future there should be a little image icon somewhere around the message window.

Oops, you guys are quick
So should I go with your first advice about the attachments, Malky?

Yes, I don't think you will find everything at home Depot but get what you can there and the 1/8 parts you need can be found at any airbrush suppliers, home depot will very likely be cheaper for you regulator;)

I hope that Lowe's has them..just noticed that it's a tad long ride to the Home Depot and area isn't exactly the best possible either. Only airbrush supplier around is Blicks..I think they have some parts though.
Posting pictures, the icon opens a box that says "choose file", but when I click it, nothing happens. Could be my phone too though.

I hope that Lowe's has them..just noticed that it's a tad long ride to the Home Depot and area isn't exactly the best possible either. Only airbrush supplier around is Blicks..I think they have some parts though.
Posting pictures, the icon opens a box that says "choose file", but when I click it, nothing happens. Could be my phone too though.

Home depot is a far longer ride for me, lol

What phone do you have and are you using tapatalk, this forum is very mobile friendly so you can log in to the web version and it will adapt itself to fit your phone screen then you will see "upload a file" at the bottom of the message box, your phone will then redirect you to options of Downloads, documents or gallery and just choose your file form there then you'll redirected back to your message.

You can also order your parts online;)

I have iPhone 6s..now it's asking to insert url I'll have to check it later, I'm on my way to Lowe's now..fingers crossed, I would rather get parts asap (surprisingly!), if I can't find them there and maybe Blicks, then I'll have to shop online..ugh.

Oh dear..I got the parts, but they don't seem to fit..ughh. At least I can't make them to fit.All males and females totally confused together and none of them fits the hose I have..it's not a quick release, but screwed

image.jpeg Ok..this (yay, I got the file up, whoopie!) is what was sold to me and it doesn't fit, so I'll be heading back to Lowe's in a bit..is the plain moisture trap ok by itself, or should I try to find another kind? All the help appreciated as always

View attachment 45250 Ok..this (yay, I got the file up, whoopie!) is what was sold to me and it doesn't fit, so I'll be heading back to Lowe's in a bit..is the plain moisture trap ok by itself, or should I try to find another kind? All the help appreciated as always

The plain moisture trap is useless, unless the compressor is sitting right next to you own't be able to adjust your pressure:( I'm going to post the chart I posted earlier with all the parts you need listed an numbered, if you can print it out ant take it with you, if you can'y print it out keep a copy of it in your phone so you you can show the guys at shop exactly what you need, but not everything will be available at Lowes or Home depot, some items are only available at airbrush stores/suppliers.

I will put up a photo of every item you need separately and describe how you should install them, so don't buy anything else util I'm done:)

You are so kind! I'll be heading to the Lowe's with my phone same minute when you post the pics

Oh, and the compressor will he quite close to me, so the distance isn't much of an issue

@Susi OK here is what you need, don't settle for anything else:)

The first thing you need id the hose like this one, look very carefully at the hose and you can see that it has male part that fits into the quick couple on your compressor, the other end has the same female part that is on your compressor, that is the first thing you attach to the compressor, ask for the shortest hose they have with the same type of connections, and show them a photo of your compressor if you can.f6e246ba-317a-4c6b-b76c-486a7c300ec6_400.jpg

The three items in green boxes numbered 1 to 3 on this diagram are the only other items on the list you need, so ignore everything else on the diagram, here's what the parts are and where they go;

1). is the 1/4" male to male bayonet quick connect, on part 2) one side says "IN" the threaded end screws into there, the un-threaded end fits in your hose.

2). is your regulator/moisture filter, from lowes this will have 1/4 size holes so your bayonet quick connect fit s this, ask for 8 to 10 bar.

3). is your 1/4 male to 1/8 male, the bigger end goes into the side of your moisture trap marked "OUT", you airbrush hose fits the smaller end and your done and ready to roll, this is the one part you mat have to get form an airbrush shop/supplier since most building stores don't have airbrush specific fittings and tend to cater only for larger fittings for normal compressor use, if they don't have this wait till you have it before turning on your compressor because you r airbrush needs to be attached otherwise you'll just have constant running air.

couplings.jpg

Oh, and the compressor will he quite close to me, so the distance isn't much of an issue

You don't wan tot restrict your compressor to airbrush use, this way you can disconnect your compressor and use for anything at all it would normally be used for:)

P.S. I first saw your dilemma just before I left for work this morning (time zone thing) and couldn't answer it till now;) please accept my most sincere apologizes:)

Last edited:
Ok.: this didn't go well, they don't have the parts and Blicks only had 1/8 x 1/8 connector (which doesn't make sense) when I called them..I might have to opt to ordering from Amazon and hope for the best

Ok.: this didn't go well, they don't have the parts and Blicks only had 1/8 x 1/8 connector (which doesn't make sense) when I called them..I might have to opt to ordering from Amazon and hope for the best

If you are worried about getting the wrong parts form amazon, post links to the pages here so we can check them and we.ll give the go ahead if they are correct, or even better, shall i hunt them down for you and post he links for you to order them?

Back