Anyone own both a Giraldez Infinity and a CR plus? I have a couple of questions.

rockanon

Gravity Guru
H&S is offering the Giraldez Infinity with claims of some performance and engineering improvements.

I was curious if anyone who owns (or has owned) both, would you mind answering a few questions?

1. Is the Giraldez worth upgrading to from a CR+ or is it more of a trade-off?
2. Do the improvements to the trigger and tension spring housing noticeably improve the action point sensitivity? H&S have been known to have some inconsistent activation points (without modification).
3. Does the lack of 5ml cup support feel like a miss?
4. Does the modified trigger design feel better, more responsive, or cumbersome with the added lip on the front?
5. This comes with a 0.2mm needle set - this brush is compatible with existing H&S needle sizes in case I want to put my 0.15mm in there?
6. Is the weight comparable to Infinity CR+ or Cameleon? (Cameleon is lighter than infinity)
7. Anything else worth noting?

Thanks!

Austin

I have a 12 year old Infinity with nickel plating and the Giraldez. Never had an issue with inconsistency with the triggers action point. Always spot on. Sure the Giraldez has improvements like the bigger chucking nut, needle guide, less play in the trigger and shorter head. The trigger doesn’t bother me since I always use my fingertip by all my brushes. For me the biggest improvement is the shorter head that allows me to get in closer for detail.
Since I use the Giraldez for detail work I don’t miss the larger cup, a lot of times I even use the micro cup on it. Weight wise there about the same. The Chamaleon are lighter because the body is out of aluminum and not brass like the cr.
All nozzle sizes are interchangeable by H&S that goes for the Ultra, Evolution, Infinity and Colani.
I swapped the airvalve for an FPC that lets me control the airpressure directly on the brush.
Is it a must have? No but it definitely does what it should for me. So I would say it’s everybody’s personal preference. If you have big hands then you’re going to have problems with the trigger so close by the cup. I hope this answers a lot of your questions. 😊

I have a 12 year old Infinity with nickel plating and the Giraldez. Never had an issue with inconsistency with the triggers action point. Always spot on. Sure the Giraldez has improvements like the bigger chucking nut, needle guide, less play in the trigger and shorter head. The trigger doesn’t bother me since I always use my fingertip by all my brushes. For me the biggest improvement is the shorter head that allows me to get in closer for detail.
Since I use the Giraldez for detail work I don’t miss the larger cup, a lot of times I even use the micro cup on it. Weight wise there about the same. The Chamaleon are lighter because the body is out of aluminum and not brass like the cr.
All nozzle sizes are interchangeable by H&S that goes for the Ultra, Evolution, Infinity and Colani.
I swapped the airvalve for an FPC that lets me control the airpressure directly on the brush.
Is it a must have? No but it definitely does what it should for me. So I would say it’s everybody’s personal preference. If you have big hands then you’re going to have problems with the trigger so close by the cup. I hope this answers a lot of your questions. 😊
This answers all of them, actually. Thank you.

Back