Anyone tried the new autoair Candy2.0 yet?

Squishy

Queen Clown Slayer
Really keen to play with this. A proper waterbased, dye candy that looks like it may actually deliver! Just wondered if anyone had given it a go yet? And what anyone thinks before I part with any cash.

Also if anyone is wanting to try it, the Simon Murray vid looks like it shows how to get the best out of it - and no I'm not paid to promote it (I wish Lol) just looks like a really helpful vid.

Hah was about to post on this and the new reducer. No projects lines up currently so doubtful ill try them soon. The new reducer has acetone in it... i hope they really stress the safety

Nice info on the True candy.
That new Reducer is worrying tho. Then again, Many if not all (One brand more then others!). Contain formaldehyde. Also found in many house hold products, such as shampoo and make-up. Tho in paint, I understand the concentration is higher. So ignore the Oderless nature and protect your self with a respirator in a ventilated area at least.
Personal experience from (That one brand) found this water bourne stuff can be harmful. And I ended up with a lot of discomfort in my lungs for several days, from not using my respirator in my garage...... I dont do that anymore!

I'll be looking out for this new Candy for sure. That opens a lot of doors for us. So they fix the bad light fastness then of the old Gen Candies?

Dan

I have tested some as far as straight coverage as in a Candy apple red over Silver base it does look deep and clear ,
I have not tested it for layering colors being I was only sent Candy Apple red to try .A couple of other guys I know who also test received different colors but still only one color . One got a purple and not sure but I think it was a green on the other guy.
as far as the reducer they give you this
4020 Automotive Reducer – A professional-grade reducer
For use with Auto Air Colors, Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors.

Makes paint flow easy with minimal tip-dry.

Colors dry faster, cure to a harder coating compared with reducing with 4012 High Performance Reducer.

Generally added 10% per volume to paint. Non-reactive; does not serve as a catalyst.

Contains Acetone and Glycol Ethers.

Use only in controlled spray environments with adequate ventilation and a NIOSH / MSHA approved respirator.

So it'd be fare to say Herb. The New 4020 reducer line is geared more towards the Commercial guys?

Not a bad thing. Shows that Createx is pushing themselves into the market with seriousness and keeping competitive in the water Bourne field. With BASF and PPG to name a few, growing in popularity. Its a smart move.

Dan

Looks pretty good stuff but some of the colours dont look right. Could just be the light in the vid but i wouldnt be too happy if i brought candy black and it looked purple like in the vid. Apart from that looks great.

Lee

Havent tried it yet. I knew there was new stuff coming out....Couple friends of mine were also testers of this stuff, and they are just blown away from it!! My answer was well CRAP...I have lots of the old Candies lol!! So...ima gonna have to buy some and try it!!

The automotive industry has been trying to get a wb candy to work properly for years , with little success .whenever I put a code in the system for candy colours for the wb systems it always says call the lab which normally means you have to use a solvent candy over your base .so this will be interesting to see

I just received an email from my Aust distributor of the Createx line this afternoon (Airbrush Megastore) informing of the Candy20.
Mentions Craig Fraser (Tho not new to using Water Bourne's) has tried it and welcomes it in his shop.

This is looking interesting for sure.

Dan

I got the email too Dan, I'm keen but I haven't read the MSDS yet, the acetone as mentioned above could be a deal breaker for me, I've already got iffy lungs, I don't want to tip them over the edge!

I got the email too Dan, I'm keen but I haven't read the MSDS yet, the acetone as mentioned above could be a deal breaker for me, I've already got iffy lungs, I don't want to tip them over the edge!
You dont have to use the new reducer. And i wouldnt worry over the acetone hurting your lungs its the central nervous system... i work with that stuff a lot.

So it'd be fare to say Herb. The New 4020 reducer line is geared more towards the Commercial guys?

Not a bad thing. Shows that Createx is pushing themselves into the market with seriousness and keeping competitive in the water Bourne field. With BASF and PPG to name a few, growing in popularity. Its a smart move.

Dan
Yes they are trying to get their foot more firmly in the market.
The Candy I got is called Blood red (I am just to use to calling it candy apple)
But it does flow get through the airbrush with the new reducer.

I may give the new reducer a shot. I have a respirator and acetone doesnt scare me. Its clearcoats i wont spray at the house.

So seems like it's looking good! In the vid Simon Murray doesn't recommend using regular reducer, but the 4020. It's not something would probably use all the time, so masking up properly to use it, wouldn't put me off. I was so unimpressed with the old auto air stuff, I didn't want to part with any money without knowing if this was living up to the hype. But it is sounding promising. Think I may have to get some ordered :D Still wondering about the lightfastness (if that's even a word :) ). I've used a couple of uros before that faded quite badly after a year.

So seems like it's looking good! In the vid Simon Murray doesn't recommend using regular reducer, but the 4020. It's not something would probably use all the time, so masking up properly to use it, wouldn't put me off. I was so unimpressed with the old auto air stuff, I didn't want to part with any money without knowing if this was living up to the hype. But it is sounding promising. Think I may have to get some ordered :D Still wondering about the lightfastness (if that's even a word :) ). I've used a couple of uros before that faded quite badly after a year.
All true candy is dye based. All dye will fade. And yes i would want to know the lightfast rating.

Yeah jackEB. As said. The Vid mentions Its the Reducer. And he actually doesn't like adding it as the intercoat "Clear Base" had reduced the Candy enough. So, you could prob side step the 4020 if you wanted.
Acetone is up their with Solvent based paints. Use a good sealing respirator with Organic filtration and plenty of ventilation.

And yes. All Dye based Candies have less fade resistance over any base colours solvents systems. How much improvement is the big Question.
So it sounds like an entirely new system altogether. :)

Dan

WOW, they look pretty amazing over the ground aluminum. I think as long as you mask up it shouldn't be an issue. If I'm working at very low pressures on a small piece I may not wear a mask. Spraying candies I always do! Well spraying any large area I do, there is just so much spray in the air when trying to cover a decent sized area with an AB. I don't see these being any worse if you're wearing a mask.

Back