Anyone used Copper Conductive Paint?

Well,...it would at least be in line with the terminology i'm more accustomed to in what i do...
Good point.

Perhaps even call it a 'solution' like the rest of my products...

Gypsy

Just an update about conductive fluids....I have opted at this time to utilize a homemade carbon (graphite powder) based liquid initially in an attempt to coat non conductive items. Yet to have all items arrive, but using graphite is cheaper for bulk supply and i can vary the "solution" and experiment more for coating adhesion and conductivity...

I will also have to determine the correct ratios for use with an AB, and have also now ordered the 0.50 mm parts necessary to modify my Neo CN which i will start with and work my way down to the 0.35 mm for finer detail.

I will get back here after my first experiment and update the thread for anyone interested. I'll also need to test for longevity but that will be a discussion for another future thread.

Cheers
Gypsy

please do keep us informed as to how you get on.

Love a good experiment :)
who knows, you may have a side business .... plating airbrush bits

Thanks JackEb i will keep the members abreast of my experiments.

A word of warning for those following this thread though...these are dangerous solutions to work with without the appropriate safety measures, what with graphite dust being inhaled etc., so if anyone is considering following in my footsteps PLEASE educate yourselves of the associated risks.

Having said that, JackEb, as the AB is already conductive i will not be using it for that specific task, and as my True Local page alludes to, i will be doing any & all items related to Hobbies (Golf Clubs, RC Parts, Boat Fittings, etc), Antiques, Equipment etc., wherever there is a need or desire to do so...I won't advertise here for that service (unless there is a 'retailers' space for it?) but if anyone has any queries or a desire to have theirs done they can PM me...

I will be "blinging" my own Ab and will post a pic of it once it's done...i get my stock & materials this week so should have something cobbled together by the weekend...

Thanks for the feedback & support folks...

Cheers
Gypsy

I've got an 'airbrush tutors' tshirt we could experiment blinging out his logo lol

I'm up for it...just give me some time with the chemistry first to evaluate it's effectiveness and determine the limits (if any)...

Although,...24K doesn't come cheap (Gold is $1700+ per Oz atm)...and as it forms as a solid, it would be best suited to items for display rather than to regularly wear..

*EDIT*...That is...if you were after Gold, i could also do it in Silver, Copper, Nickel or Cobalt but just assumed you may have been thinking of Gold to replace the Orange...

Gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back