Artograph Flare100 Led Projector

I'd wait a bit and keep eye on amazon reviews only one review right now. I'm concerned with the 100 lumens that's not much when most bigger projectors have 3000+ lumens and up and they wash out in sunlight. I'd bet that thing would be to dim in a lit room. Just my thought on it based off its discription.

Artograph makes some good products, I have one of their tracing boards and I love it, its very bright.

Though, those images of the cats kinda has me a tiny bit concerned. I am curious why the small picture that is less than 2" isn't washed out more, and why the lights inside the building on the second picture are quite washed out. Those differences suggest some photographic wizardry going on, by that I mean the ISO or exposure settings are different between the two pictures, which makes the comparison somewhat unrealistic or misleading when compared to each other. I suspect the one taken against the wall of the building with the guy is a longer exposure. That doesn't mean its bad, just that it is likely a lot dimmer in real life.

Of course, that isn't too much of a problem if you are using it in a dark room, and the techology in pico projectors have gotten a lot better in the past few years. Im with Jay though, see if you can find some reviews online. :)

Thanks for the replies. I decided to take the plunge and try it as I could not find any real reviews on it. So I will take it upon myself and write up something. It should be here tomorrow(love amazon prime).

I apologize for the delay. I will hopefully be posting a review in the next day or so.

I was looking at this very projector a few days ago so I will be looking forward to your review. Thx for taking the bullet for us Kelan :)

Do a ambient light test. I'm curious how it will work in sunlight.

Here are my first impressions with the Artograph Flare 100 LED projector.

Included are:
Remote
USB Drive
Card Adapter
HDMI Cable
AC Charger
Manuals
Case

Some interesting features:
Built in grids
Screen sharing
Rechargeable battery
Image controls

In my honest opinion, being only rated at 100 lumens this projector is really only meant for studio use. I will try and get some ambient light pictures to show exactly what I am talking about. Even in my studio, I still have to shut all the lights off to get a good solid image.

Lights on:

Lights off:

But even with the low lumens, this projector is very sharp and crisp once you get the lighting situated.

The majority of the built in grids, I believe, are useless. The Rule of Thirds and a couple different sized grid patterns are all that I could possibly find useful. But a neat feature none the less.

I haven't messed with the image controls too much, but I will be sure to update as I experiment.

One of my favorite features is having a remote and the BLANK button. Somewhat self explanatory, this button removes the image from the projection while leaving the led on. This allows you to see what you have and have not traced. Very handy!

I did try the screen sharing with my Android phone, it was finicky and poor quality. I will give it another chance and see if I can get images of what problems I am having.

I will keep everyone updated as I use the projector more and more.

Yeah I was really hoping you would come through and give it a review. Thanks. One thing is I would really love to know the throw. Best way I find to figure that out is to know the size of the projection on the wall compared to distance from the wall. I do tons of big work and throw size is a huge issue some times I'm projecting three different times with one projector or once with a different projector because of the throw size.

How much did you pay?

Yeah I was really hoping you would come through and give it a review. Thanks. One thing is I would really love to know the throw. Best way I find to figure that out is to know the size of the projection on the wall compared to distance from the wall. I do tons of big work and throw size is a huge issue some times I'm projecting three different times with one projector or once with a different projector because of the throw size.

How much did you pay?

I'll double check but if I remember right, I had a 3ft image at 6ft from the wall.

I paid us$373 from amazon.

Out of curiosity, how close to normal eyesight would you consider those images in the dark? Is that what it looks like in person?

It seems to have several features geared specifically towards artists, which is nice. That blanking feature seems like it would be quite useful! Since its an art projector, I can't imagine ever needing to spread an image more than a few feet across, which is likely why its only 100 lumens. All in all it seems like it will do the trick! Thanks for the review!

Out of curiosity, how close to normal eyesight would you consider those images in the dark? Is that what it looks like in person?

It seems to have several features geared specifically towards artists, which is nice. That blanking feature seems like it would be quite useful! Since its an art projector, I can't imagine ever needing to spread an image more than a few feet across, which is likely why its only 100 lumens. All in all it seems like it will do the trick! Thanks for the review!

I think the images are quite close to reality.