Auto Air 4004 Transparent ...molasses?

N

Neural

Just curious.. I have a heck of a time getting the 4004 out of the bottle into my mixing cup. I mean, it's slow to pour even when I take the full cap off (the little lid spout is unusable).

Is this normal? All the other paints and the 4030 seem to pour just fine.

Mine pour out just fine and it is about 5 years old not. Sound like yours may have gotten frozen at some point.

That is way thicker than normal.
I will say this, my first bottle was about two to three times as thick as any of the paint and would take that much more reducer as a result. The second bottle was more watery than any of the paint and if i used it I didn't need reducer, third bottle was just slightly thick, and would need just a little more reducer when I used it.
I think they just have a batch control problem.
It's like they let it settle and the paint you get just depends on whether your bottle came form the top of the barrel or the bottom.

The paints have not been a consistent viscosity either,not even super close.
First white was watery and would spray from anything, never left anyting in the strainer, second white was normal and had the usual problems with white and always left a little chunks in the strainer.

Last edited:
Mine pour out just fine and it is about 5 years old not. Sound like yours may have gotten frozen at some point.

I was wondering if that may be the case. This one was in the full color set, so all wrapped up with the rest of them. So far everything else is acting fine, but I've not opened all the colors yet.

Is it worth poking (contacting) Createx about it?

I was wondering if that may be the case. This one was in the full color set, so all wrapped up with the rest of them. So far everything else is acting fine, but I've not opened all the colors yet.

I'm sure they will help you out :)

Sounds not as it should :(

Its kinda sad that they seem to have quite a few problems with this kinda stuff. That reminds me, I need to order some Golden High Flow! ;)
Why ya need to order it when you are never home to use it ? On paint I would not suggest you ordering a big bunch of it unless you're going to be using it mainly cause the seal on those bottle have been know to break open in shipping and when you go to use it you just have dried paint in a bottle.

If it is a new set and just came in that way contact the seller /vender and Createx,

Why ya need to order it when you are never home to use it ? On paint I would not suggest you ordering a big bunch of it unless you're going to be using it mainly cause the seal on those bottle have been know to break open in shipping and when you go to use it you just have dried paint in a bottle.
Well my nephew got hired on there full time, so I gotta keep him employed! I'm not buying the entire line up, but a bottle or 2 would be nice.

Well my nephew got hired on there full time, so I gotta keep him employed! I'm not buying the entire line up, but a bottle or 2 would be nice.
Does he make the high flow, or a lot of the other golden stuff too?
I've not used high flow but used a lot of golden for hairy brush work.

Oh Idk what he actually does - my brother would like him to move out and get his own place so its just a running joke in our family to buy their paint :)
But seriously, I would like to try a bottle of it just to see what it's like.
Next time the family gets home, we are planning to take a tour of the plant.

I love the high flow and even the fluid series works well through an airbrush .
I just have to give Jurien a hard time being he is on the road too much to paint a lot LOL. But he knows he is my buddy :D

I love the high flow and even the fluid series works well through an airbrush .
I just have to give Jurien a hard time being he is on the road too much to paint a lot LOL. But he knows he is my buddy :D
Maybe we should make him a dashboard easel :)
Then if a painting comes out blurry he could just be like " It looked exactly that , I just painted what i saw"

the hinges and lockbars (i dont know what theyre called) have no shadows. The doors are completely a flat solid even color with no reflections
The tail and brake lights look like stickers theyre completely opaque.
IDK just looks "off"
Maybe they colored it in to get rid of logos or something
Yeah they at least photoshopped out the plate , trailer mfg logo, and the sticker under it I think
I dunno how much other work they did.
Just struck me odd, maybe i'm just imagining it though

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with a bottle of 4030. I contacted Createx via email and they sent me a new bottle. Might be worth talking to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back