auto air intercoat help

K

kylegabbert

What are the main uses of the auto air intercoat? I know it is for the new candies, and can be used just like a regular intercoat. But what does it mean when it says used as a flow enhancer? How does that work? And also, can pearl powders be mixed into it?

I recently started adding it to transparent colors to make them more transparent when I first start mapping in my picture. My mistakes are more forgiving & I can build up shading more slowly. I also mist over my work if I want to protect it for using tape. There are two part numbers for auto air trans base. One is used with candy & one to intercoat over it. Can't use the same one as intercoat that was used to carry the candy because it can bleed through. One's 4004 & one's 4030 I think. Should be able to find tech page.

So when using candy paints, you mix the candy with 4030, but you must first lay down 4004 trans base so that way the underlying colors will not bleed into the candy? And on the tech sheet it says for automotive use, 4030 can be added 10% to any color. What is the benefit of that? After reading it, I'm guessing it allows them to cure harder, and they should spray better?

So when using candy paints, you mix the candy with 4030, but you must first lay down 4004 trans base so that way the underlying colors will not bleed into the candy? And on the tech sheet it says for automotive use, 4030 can be added 10% to any color. What is the benefit of that? After reading it, I'm guessing it allows them to cure harder, and they should spray better?
yep harder cure and better spray . For things like true fire you want the bleed on other things you may not .

Sweet. I plan on getting candy 2.0 one of these days, but for now I'm sticking with the basics pretty much. I paint game controllers and things like that, and want a very durable finish. I also heard that the 4020 reducer will give you better gradients as it sort of melts the paint together.
When spraying just a simple basecoat or design, I can add the 4030 to regular paint and then spray, but after that layer, would I have to intercoat If I intend on spraying another color with some 4030 mixed with it?

Also, if I mixed pearls into the 4030, would I have to apply 4004 over it if I wanted to add a different color pearl mixed with 4030 over the original pearl layer?

are you talking about layering pearls and not color of paint? If so you should not have too. But then again I just mix the different color pearl powder together when I spray it .

Well no, I mean like I can spray say a pearl silver base, apply stencils, then spray a pearl blue over that. Would I have to use 4004 between them? Thank you for the help

Back