Auto air sealer help

K

kylegabbert

Hello, I've been using the auto air sealer white, and I can never get it to spray smooth. I'm at about 35 psi out of a .8 mini gun. It always seems to spit. Brand new gun, and I've reduced it a bit as well. And help appreciated

Spray-Gun: 1.2mm tip
Mini-Spray Gun: 1.0mm tip
Airbrush: 0.4mm or larger
Reduce: Spray-gun: @ 10% per volume with 4011 Flash Reducer
Airbrush: @ 30% per volume or more with 4011 Flash Reducer
Works best with a 0.5mm airbrush operated at 45+ PSI or a 1.2mm tip-sized spray gun operated at 40 PSI.

This is from their website so looks like your shooting too low on the PSI and over reducer with too small of tip for a mini.
I say first thing I would try is upping the PSI to at least 40 .

HVe you got a decent compressor too?? I had dramas running a mini gun on Brush compressor, it worked but not right.

4012 is a better reducer for the Sealer. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to let the reducer do it's work.
That all depends on where you live and humidity .
For me yes 4012 works better where I am living but when I went to back to Texas Last year and did a job for a buddy 4011 worked better .

That all depends on where you live and humidity .
For me yes 4012 works better where I am living but when I went to back to Texas Last year and did a job for a buddy 4011 worked better .

Yes temperature and humidity can play havoc with paint and using the right reducer is key. 4011 has been discontinued 4030 would be the best anwser for higher humidity levels

I think the main problem I'm having now is pigment migration. I can't ever get it to soray uniform, it always forms tiny white specs after the first 2 costs. My atomization is much Better now, thanks everyone. Going to switch to autoborne after this 4001 runs out

I think the main problem I'm having now is pigment migration. I can't ever get it to soray uniform, it always forms tiny white specs after the first 2 costs. My atomization is much Better now, thanks everyone. Going to switch to autoborne after this 4001 runs out

When you talk about these tiny white specs I'm assuming you mean "fish eye"? some paints suffer from this when there is too high a build up with each pass, the cure is to do more passes with less paint/build up per pass, sometimes even just a light dusting, I used to repair and restore model helicopter canopies and when repainting them they had bright fluorescent colours, these paints are a bugger for this phenomenon, instead of throwing on two good coats for coverage, the only way to get the coverage I needed was to do it in six to eight layers and wait till each layer was dry before the next layer could be applied, this is unfortunately something you always need to be aware of, as you progress you'll learn what paints and medium are more likely to do this.

I know that Simon Murray discusses this in one of his videos on YouTube using auto air paints.

If this isn't you problem fish eye can also be cause by the presence silicone or silicone vapors, so be sure there is nothing your vicinity or in your cleaning agents that contains silicone.

Yes I'm sure my passes are just to heavy, and also over reduced. I'll mess with it some more today.

Post some pictures up of the white specks you have. We might be able to tell you how to fix it.

Lee

Back