Automotive Equip For Sale

Airbrush Dreams

Air-Valve Autobot!
I have made a final decision. After being blown off by my own brother in-law on painting his motorcycle for free. I have decided that I am no longer pursuing any airbrush jobs, especially automotive. i will be keeping some of my equipment, but selling off a lot. For example I have a Iwata HVLP 101 that has only been used twice. It was $365. when I bought it. I will be selling it for $300. I have a lot of other airbrushes, scuffing pads, degreaser for water born paints. I prefer cash and local pick up. Contact me if you are serious.

I wouldn't give up or be to cheesed off at the BIL.
Maybe he just likes his bike the way it is right now.
My bike isn't original but I love the way I have it.
It would really need to be something special to even have me 'consider' having it painted.
About the only thing I would consider is one of the side covers.

How would you feel if someone said they'd tatoo your misses completely for free,
I'm sure you like her just the way she is or the way she wants to be.

Peter

Sleep on it a bit Fred, don't make any hasty decisions. If in a couple of months you feel the same way, then maybe put it all up for sale then, it won't have decreased in value in that time as long as it's properly stored. If you sell now, and then change your mind, it will cost a hell of a lot more to replace it all later.

I agree with both statements above brother, take some time to chill. I know for a fact some of the things you have been going through as we have discussed previously, but sit tight on your equipment. The minute you sell it, will be the exact time you will need it for a special job, one that will help with some cash flow possibly!!! I now we all make bad decisions when we are on edge so I agree with Squishy, give it a couple weeks or even a month and see if you feel the same!! Take care brother and holler if you need to talk or if theres anything I can do to help!

No that was not it at all. He has been building a bike for some time now and he asked if I would do the artwork on the tank. He had the idea of having someone he knew flame it in old school and the top was to be left blank. I was going to do the crusafiction scene. Well he went and painted the base and flames and cleared the tank and the said he was going to bring the tank over today. I said if the paint were water based paint he should have left the tape for the flames on and I could have done the art so he did not have to worry about over spray. So I said we should leave the clear cure for a couple weeks and then I would scuff it up and do the art work. He got bent and said the clear was a rapid fast clear and only needed 24 hours to cure. And then he said FYI no one tells a guy that is having custom work done that it will be 4 weeks to paint the bike. Sick of all this crap from customers and now my family. Telling me how to do a professional job when I have been doing this crap for 33 years. I am done. I am going back to t-shirts and canvas. So much for four months of I can't wait for you to paint my bike. By the way I saw his clear job and it is a rippled from orange peal because of doing it with a spray can. Now I would not touch it if he paid me.

Sounds like you are wound pretty tight right now, and for good reason, you would expect better of your family. But I still think a cooling off period before making any hasty decisions is a good idea. And hopefully one day someone genuine will want a bike done, and and then your BIL will see what he missed out on, and what a good paint job looks like. You will have some small revenge as I'm guessing you won't ever do anything for him again.

Just don't give him the satisfaction of thinking he's the reason you aren't going to do this anymore. Do you really want him to think that what he does or says has any power or influence over you? Think it over for a while, and hopefully you will change your mind, and not deprive future customers of awesome work, just because your BIL thinks he knows it all.

He is just the final straw. I always wanted to shoot my ow clear because of the way the collision shops around here treated me, but my garage is cluttered with lots of stuff and is not heated or ventilated. I have no cash to convert it over plus I would have to put my father IL's john boat outside and my wife does not want that. I would rig a shower curtain kind of setup that could be broke down and put away for while my wife is at work and the car is not in there, but I would still have an issue with lighting and heat when the colder months hit again. All that plus the years of having jerk head customers asking for 600 dollar paint jobs for 50 bucks and then hanging up on me. I just figure why frustrate myself with these idiots anymore.

Back