avoid the zone

H

hypnochimp

I just overworked a large area on a project without stepping back, the music was on and I got into a flow and stuck in the zone, now the perspective and proportion is way off.
I didn't lay down a base coat to paint on so now I am unable to paint over with the base color and fix the area I so happily muffed. I tried to mist a base color over the piece so I could still barley see the image and go over it again but, muffed that as well. now I am starting the project over with a base coat down and a few lessons under my belt.
I have been working on large news print since I am a beginner and it is cheap. I have been spraying a base coat down first before I start a project but, I just jumped in this time over confident.

lesson
practice dots, lines, daggers, blending lines/dots, textures and doodles for a short while (since im a beginner)before jumping into a piece
lay down a base color
STEP BACK OFTEN
research techniques on repairing muff ups
AVOID THE ZONE.....

I just overworked a large area on a project without stepping back, the music was on and I got into a flow and stuck in the zone, now the perspective and proportion is way off.
I didn't lay down a base coat to paint on so now I am unable to paint over with the base color and fix the area I so happily muffed. I tried to mist a base color over the piece so I could still barley see the image and go over it again but, muffed that as well. now I am starting the project over with a base coat down and a few lessons under my belt.
I have been working on large news print since I am a beginner and it is cheap. I have been spraying a base coat down first before I start a project but, I just jumped in this time over confident.

lesson
practice dots, lines, daggers, blending lines/dots, textures and doodles for a short while (since im a beginner)before jumping into a piece
lay down a base color
STEP BACK OFTEN
research techniques on repairing muff ups
AVOID THE ZONE.....
Ive got into the habit of stepping back every couple of minutes and flipping my work upside down or sideways it really helps

hahaha I only paint because it gets me in that zone LOL, but yes it does help to step back on occasion, but have found an alternative. Get really drunk when you paint, stagger backwards (Without falling over if possible) and view your piece. if you seeing 3 images on the canvas your drunk enough to keep going, just aim for the middle one..and if it turns out bad you'll be too drunk to care ;)

great advise rebel. Crown Royal Baby!!! maybe keep a canvas on the floor and do shots of paint. Do you think barf brushing would appeal to most? gotta have a gimmick right?

Restarted my hypnochimp avatar with a bigger smile, don't know if I should have left it alone because now he looks happier instead of menacing. I muffed up the brow too, he looked surprised like "holy sh*t it working" so I painted over and will go for a furrowed brow instead. might bring back some spite. the hand looks wonky too but, Im sure I can fix that.
20150109_180511_resized.jpg

I have always worked with gloves (old habit from painting cars). I took them off because my hand got hot before I worked the hand on my chimp. HOLY CRAP I can feel the gun and have a better feel of the trigger. ill have to relearn control with out the glove or at least get use to the feel. I think that's why the hand looks funny. I was putting out too much paint

hahaha I only paint because it gets me in that zone LOL, but yes it does help to step back on occasion, but have found an alternative. Get really drunk when you paint, stagger backwards (Without falling over if possible) and view your piece. if you seeing 3 images on the canvas your drunk enough to keep going, just aim for the middle one..and if it turns out bad you'll be too drunk to care ;)

This sounds like a good challenge! Everyone should do it and then compare the results. ;)

ok fixed the brow, then the hand was killing me so I'll fix the next, now I have to go over it again with my lightened black then straight black. I think I'll concentrate on the hand first
20150110_153300_resized.jpg

I like to get into that zone.. then I tune everyone around me out. I do step back and really look at what I'm doing though. Sometimes I just sit and think about how I'm going to proceed.

hahaha I only paint because it gets me that zone LOL, but yes it does help to step back on occasion, but have found an alternative. Get really drunk when you paint, stagger backwards (Without falling over if possible) and view your piece. if you seeing 3 images on the canvas your drunk enough to keep going, just aim for the middle one..and if it turns out bad you'll be too drunk to care ;)
Lmfao!!! I cant paint drunk, or on my meds foe that matter!! I do all of the time get into the zone, if i dont, it looks like CRAPOLA

Back