For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Bad news Good news

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by jared pittman, Feb 18, 2017.

1. jared pittman

jared pittman Spider Splatterer

The bad news within very short time my new replacement olympos needle started bending like crazy- contacted pacific airbrush was refunded he is stand up guy! Good news got 2 cmc Iwata needles perfect fit without nozzle change. Even cmsb needle works perfect in mp200c. Olympos airbrush with Iwata needle makes for good time. Cheers guys and gals!
  2. DaveG

DaveG Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

It is good news that you were able to get a refund, and that you found out that Iwata Micron needles work perfectly with corresponding nozzle sizes from Olympos Microns. The heads are also interchangeable between the two, as are air caps, and crown caps...

You may want to also tag this post back to your original post in "airbrushes" about getting new Olympos needles - as knowing that they are so bendy might save someone some trouble (and money) down the road if they read that thread, and see you got some that are "rock hard".
    markjthomson and Malky like this.
  3. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Elite Member! Very Likeable!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  4. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Good news, so what were you painting to bend needles?
  5. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

Good you got a refund. Nice to hear about good customer service.

I agree with Dave an update on the other thread with a link here will stop others having the same issue and also give a solution.
    markjthomson and Malky like this.
  6. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month!

It is amazing that a retailer would refund you for something like the needle. It's a wear and tear part bending it is inevitable. I wonder if I can get my money back for the three that I bent.
    Maple Art, markjthomson and Squishy like this.
  7. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

I agree, amazing. Unless there was a product recall, or manufacturing error of some kind, damaged needles go with the territory. It hadn't occurred to me that anyone would refund a consumable part like that, especially when damage to a needle is likely from being dropped etc. So well done that retailer.

@jared pittman in case anyone else has bought needles there (possibly after your recommendation of them being rock hard), how about giving the retailer a shout out. Good customer service should be recognised, and those who also bought those needles could also get a refund. Any phone numbers, email address, name of contact etc, would be very helpful.
    Malky, Maple Art and markjthomson like this.
  8. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Can't give the retailer a shout out, he's fictitious :)
    Basstrack238 likes this.
  9. markjthomson

markjthomson Very happy! Staff Member Mod

Yes I suspect that may be the case... wonder how much else is fictitious... I could put up a list... paint, rock hard needles, brushes for sale, any airbrush work to date... a few starters.
    Basstrack238 and Malky like this.
  10. DaveG

DaveG Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

I am sure he is referring to Pacific Airbrush (this is the vendor he claimed to have gotten the "rock hard" needles from) - I have purchased several times from them - with each purchase being easy, and delivered in a timely manner. The one thing I will mention, as it is something that I have noticed - When items are "out of stock" the period that they remain out of stock is becoming increasingly longer. I suspect Japan is not shipping them spare parts as freely as they initially were.

original post - http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/got-the-new-olympos-needle.17535/

On the other hand, any time I made a request of Pacific Airbrush for something that was out of stock, they did not hesitate to mention I could get the parts from Japan (usually provide a direct link to exactly what I was asking about). The times that I have made that choice, things were also shipped, and arrived in a timely manner...
    J000seph, JackEb, Malky and 1 other person like this.
  11. Artease

Artease Young Tutorling

Anyone know if Iwatas .18 needle fits Olympos' Sp-b?