Badger compressor help

D

Darkness2abyss

i have a badger 80-3n the problem is when I bought the compressor they didn't give the adapter so I can't connect it to the badger airbrush hose which I think is 1/8 anyway I need help finding an adapter I live in Canada so a cad website would be nice ty

Im in the uk,
Badger use there own size connections. But if you have ebay in Canada you will find them on there im sure, just look for badger airbrush adaptors. May be as well getting quick release ones.
hope this helps

sorry ment to say the compressor end will be either 1/8 or 1/4 bsp thread. its the ab thread that is badgers own size

A little googling verifies that the 80-3N has a 1/8 (male) BSP outlet. What adapter you need will depend on which Badger hose you have.

If your hose has the wee airbrush fitting at both ends (Badger's lightweight black rubber hose, for example, has this with a pre-installed 1/4 adapter which can be removed), then you want this: https://www.mapleairbrushsupplies.c...ors/products/iwata-adapter-thayer-badger-hose

If your hose has a 1/4 fitting (or has the 1/4 adapter mentioned above, and you want to save money at the cost of added bulk), then you'll want this: https://www.amazon.ca/Viair-90001-Female-BSP-Adaptor/dp/B004RCOY5O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_201_6/183-8894640-4689367?ie=UTF8&dpID=41HvmRaf5lL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=N0P2F7EY8CFRXKNN9BKH

xapr08qxj
l33mzprh3

I will call Badger in the morning and see what they recommend I wonder if it wouldn't just be a good idea to get the hose that connects to that compressor. I may be able to add what you need to my order I just placed with them

talked to Badger you need a 50-052 adapter - goes from 1/8 to 1/4 . I ordered a couple of them .

@ Darkness2abyss: your pictures aren't displaying. Can you clarify or repost?

I would have replied earlier, but my computer had some issues that kept me off the net for a few days. According to the vendor listings I can find, the hose that comes with the 150-7 kit has a 1/4 fitting on the compressor end. So you'd want the one in the Amazon.ca link I posted above.

The one Maple Art suggests is the same, only it's BSP on the 1/4 end, while the one on Amazon is NPT on the 1/4 end (they are both BSP on the 1/8 end). The difference between NPT and BSP is that NPT has tapered threads, while BSP threads are straight. Otherwise the thread size/pitch is the same, so NPT and BSP fittings are cross-compatible (for airbrush use, at least).

The one on Amazon.ca will do the exact same job for much, much cheaper. I'm sure that's not Maple's fault, but rather some kind of import cost + economy of scale issue. One's made as a general-application pneumatic fitting, the other's made specifically for airbrushes, but underneath the marketing demographics they're basically the same item.

@ Darkness2abyss: your pictures aren't displaying. Can you clarify or repost?

I would have replied earlier, but my computer had some issues that kept me off the net for a few days. According to the vendor listings I can find, the hose that comes with the 150-7 kit has a 1/4 fitting on the compressor end. So you'd want the one in the Amazon.ca link I posted above.

The one Maple Art suggests is the same, only it's BSP on the 1/4 end, while the one on Amazon is NPT on the 1/4 end (they are both BSP on the 1/8 end). The difference between NPT and BSP is that NPT has tapered threads, while BSP threads are straight. Otherwise the thread size/pitch is the same, so NPT and BSP fittings are cross-compatible (for airbrush use, at least).

The one on Amazon.ca will do the exact same job for much, much cheaper. I'm sure that's not Maple's fault, but rather some kind of import cost + economy of scale issue. One's made as a general-application pneumatic fitting, the other's made specifically for airbrushes, but underneath the marketing demographics they're basically the same item.

I am wondering why it looks wrong it is usually bigger to smaller but the one on Amazon looks like there both the same size

I am wondering why it looks wrong it is usually bigger to smaller but the one on Amazon looks like there both the same size

Not sure what you mean? The female side of the adapter is 1/8 to fit the compressor's 1/8 male fitting, and the male side of the adapter is 1/4 to fit the hose's 1/4 female fitting. The photos you posted confirm you're looking for a 1/8 female to 1/4 male adapter.

Maple Art sounds like they've got your back though. When I said their's was too expensive, I think I was remembering the wrong item on their site (my apologies to Maple): they don't have the one you need in their online catalog, but if they can get it for you for $5.00 (or cost of shipping) then it's all good. Since airbrushes are their business they'll know if what they're sending is the one you need.

Back