BB 24V silent air compressor

You know what... I agree totally... I wouldn't sell it to some one not letting them know that there is a problem... I actually have a buyer for the compressor here in ireland... I just want to know what they are going to use it for... like pneumatic tools where the oil may not be a problem...

The filter that aircomps.uk sell also says that it will stop ALL but the smallest of amounts of oil... hmm.. I don't think I would even like to see how that goes as it may still be frustrating. ?. I just don't know...

Now... while in the middle of texting this post I've been onto bambi themselves and not rheological or aircomps.uk.. and they also recommend getting the coalescing filter to "help" with the oil coming out onto the artwork... huh

So... I figure now that I would rather get the oiless model now... I don't want to be wiping no oil... or even if it could be slightly mixing with the paint and not realising untill someone returns and say... hey... the paint work is getting smudged... the paint job lifted of me cool bike even after it being clears... I would be mortified to say the least... it is a lot of hard work to actualy do this kind of work... not many doing it here in ireland anyways... and I want to assure my customers that what they are getting is high quality... whether on canvas, helmet, bike, car, clothing or what ever... that's all im concerned about... along with actually enjoying the creation of art as well...

Sigh
James

It's your choice entirely James, but it's a case of ....Bambi - 1 v consumer - 0.....so corporate theft wins again

Remember the problem isn't just a faulty compressor but also totally wrong advice, why risk ruining your own reputation when you can ruin that of Bambi and their evil henchmen.

you would have had more luck with a DIY shop compressor than you've had with this one and you would have maybe have spent €120

Yup... yer dead right there mb... but I've explained the situation to all parties now... what else can you do... they say it is "budget" range and that there is going to be a certain amount of oil coming from the receiver and along the hose... this even happens to compressors that are priced into the thousands...

Ok.. a bit of good news... I've contacted Nick and he is going to send me out the coalescing filter minus the vat and delivery... still gonna be expensive enough but he guarantees that this will solve the problem I'm getting with the oil... I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out after this...

I'll keep yiz all updated on this... thanks all for all your help and advise.
It was all very useful!

Cheers
James

Ok.. a bit of good news... I've contacted Nick and he is going to send me out the coalescing filter minus the vat and delivery... still gonna be expensive enough but he guarantees that this will solve the problem I'm getting with the oil... I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out after this...

I'll keep yiz all updated on this... thanks all for all your help and advise.
It was all very useful!

Cheers
James

Finally something positive, I had a look at that filter and it sounds like will do the job for you, just keep an eye on the tank to start with.

Like you say keep us posted, I've got a sore throat now and a happy ending might just be the ticket, lol

Lol... yup... definitely keep you posted on how things fair out... looking forward to rigging it up now... be prolly a couple of weeks so I'll let you all know then... now I'm gonna have a gander through the gallery to get me all excited again :)

Cheers
James

Well I am glad they have done something, although I can't help feeling it is the least they could have done. It's better than nothing though, and at least you will get to use the compressor (Fingers, toes etc crossed.) I hope you enjoy it, and look forward to seeing what you'll do with it :)

Definitely lowered my impression of Bambi though. Things go wrong or are faulty and while annoying can't always be helped. It's the way the problem is dealt with and resolved, that counts, and I think they have let themselves down. I certainly wouldn't rush to spend my money with them. The cost of the compressor "budget" or not, is not small change by any stretch of the imagination for an individual. But it seems they haven't treated it as important because it is low end. I wonder if someone who had spent a couple of grand would get the same response - I'm guessing not. A customer should be valued no matter what the spend is.

I agree with Squishy - it is the LEAST they could do. but by them sending you the filter free of charge (except shipping) is admitting that there is a problem. fi the filter DOESN'T do the job, you need to keep after them. I wonder what they mean by "the is always a LITTLE oil that comes through the line..." what do they mean by "a little"?? but I really do hope that the filter takes care of the problem & allows you to brush problem free & with enjoyment.

The types of motors used are the same as refrigerator motors and all the motors I've taken for my DIY silent compressors always shoot a little oil, this is not an issue when used in a refrigerator since the motor is in a closed loop (the output is connected to the input) so any oil that shoots out eventually return to the motor. I hope this can explain what is happening.

thanks Whiteknight - I understand that with those types of compressors, a "little" oil comes through, but from what he was describing - it was more than just a little bit. that's why I was suspecting a defective compressor & needed to press the point. The amount that he was describing was unacceptable even for a "budget" compressor.

thanks Whiteknight - I understand that with those types of compressors, a "little" oil comes through, but from what he was describing - it was more than just a little bit. that's why I was suspecting a defective compressor & needed to press the point. The amount that he was describing was unacceptable even for a "budget" compressor.

I totally get what you mean, and since ordinary folks like us understand there is going to be "a little oil" this amazing device which is sold separately to combat the issue should in my opinion be a part of the whole unit as standard, thanks to anyone having to buy this device so that they can use their compressors as they they should be used, they are basically bumping up the price of a (so called) low budget compressor to that of the higher quality ones, but without the quality of course, so the consumer is being chastised for the blatant design faults a thieving lying huge company.

I've mentioned before I was in the process of saving for a Bambi compressor, but this idea has totally been removed from head, I've told my wife if I ever mention Bambi and purchase in the same sentence ever again she has to punch me in the face which she will take great pleasure in doing, I for one have realised the extreme benefits of internet and in particular so called social media, it's incredible the results that can be achieved by making use of this, and sadly not many do, I find it disturbing that some people are happy to accept the bullcrap dished out by these devious companies and think they are getting something really cool so that the company can protect their so called good image, my idea is that that image is destroyed as soon as the need for such action arises.

If I personally was in this same situation, I would use every social media available to trash these people and others like them, these companies are also on facebook and twitter these days, so if you trash them on their own pages publicly, they are goosed and they know it, that's when you get results, I work very hard to get what little I have, so I'm not about to let go of it that easy.

I bought a little Peugot 206 for my wife about four years ago, when I got it home I noticed oil spurting from all around the engine, literally running down the sides of the engine, first thing I did was make a video showing this spectacular event, I then returned to the garage where I demanded my money back, the guy laughed at me and said "shame you didn't buy a warranty" I said not really cause I made my own, I also said your biggest mistake was not selling me the car, your biggest mistake was putting on a number plate with your own name and address on it, I showed him the video and told him he could watch it on youtube that same evening and that it would be shared on facebook, he got angry and said do what the hell you want I don't care, but before I got the end of his forecourt he called me back and paid me back in full.

My wife & I never buy an item without doing an internet search for product review & trying to be as informed about the product as possible but sometimes you come up against a situation where they're determined to separate you & your money. That's where the documentation comes in & emails because I always want a "paper trail". If I get the run around, I send them one final email outlining what I'm going to do if I don't get satisfaction then I do it. Whether I write a letter to their H.Q., bosses, my ombudsmen, MPP, media etc will depend on the situation - then I do it!! No idle threats!. I just went through this with a trucking company when one of their trucks lost a large metal rod on the road & it went through my front bumper, the metal radiator support & into the engine compartment. They started to give me the company line of wanting me to through my own insurance. I wrote them an email detailing the incident, our conversation & then told them I was going to the Ministry of Transportation. & the police to file a report. That got an immediate response. I just told I wanted them to make this right & that I wasn't going through my insurance where I pay the deductible ($500) & its charged against my insurance as a claim. Not a chance! Check Mate - they paid up! I wasn't nasty, I was just setting them straight.

just reading the latest posts & realized how far we have digressed from the "silent compressor" we started with - lol
this is supposed to be about airbrushing & so I won't be commenting about the issue again in this post. lol