For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Become a Super'artist and make a difference! (please read)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Cordyk, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

Ok folks here’s an update on the outside Uk artist thang!.

Supershoes does extend to artist in European countries outside the Uk, the only difference being you would have to fund the return postage yourself as the pre-paid envelopes they use are different currencies. It’s for charity so no real biggy if you wanted to get involved.

Also the good news for any of our antipodean friends down under is they have helped set up a very similar charity called DreamKicks which I will try and get some more info on and there is also a sister charity in the US, again I will try and get more info on these and post it here.

So there you go, you have no excuse wherever you live not to join in the fun:D:thumbsup:
    Malky likes this.
  2. Cordyk

3. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Elite Member! Very Likeable!

This is all good news indeed, I hope to god this doesn't sound wrong but what I was hoping for was a similar thing happening here in Holland for Dutch children to benefit in the same or at least a similar way, I mean I would not hesitate do this for any child in the UK, I would even happily pay for the shoes and the post myself, but I would feel like I was bypassing and child here by doing so and wouldn't feel right at all, I think any Dutch artist would feel like that too, I hope that makes sense.

I waited with the email I mentioned to see what you could find out first, for the next couple of days I'll be working on my paint pal, but in the weekend I think I'll seek out the best people here to organise such an event here, it would be cool to see this everywhere, I know that all around the world there are folks like myself who have been touched by cancer in one way or another, and since all the help and support my had here I have always wondered how I can give a little back and something like this is ideal, I have spoken to my wife about this and she thinks it's incredible, to be honest, anything at all that was within my capabilities I would do to relieve a little of the suffering these kids have to put up with.

So Kev, with your permission, whomever I contact here I would like to direct them to your links so they have a clear idea of what I am hoping for.
  4. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

@Malky, maybe you could contact them direct and explain what you would like to do, they may be happy to extend their umbrella and have a dutch branch??? Or be able to advise how they got started etc. You might be able to raise some startup money with one of those kickstarter type things.
    Cordyk and Malky like this.
  5. Malky

Thanks Squish, I did actually think about that because I started to wonder where the shoes came from, assuming donated by sponsors and such, so thought what I can't find on their site I can just ask.

I don't to start it up myself, so I don't want to raise money for it, I just want to take part in it as every other artist who does, my hope was to get one the charities here to start it up, so that the kids here have and same beautiful gesture.
    Cordyk and Squishy like this.
  6. Cordyk

Hey mate, as @Squishy suggested, I think the best thing for you to do is contact them direct and see where it may lead?
    Sarah White is the co-founder and the lady I am dealing with so have a chat with her, they played a big part in setting up the Aussie site and are very nice and accommodating people.
    I think this is a fantastic thing to do and if this helps to encourage you and many others to think about this idea in other countries it's got to be good, we all at some time in our lives either personally or through loved ones get touched by this awful disease and anything we can do has got to be worth it.
    Malky likes this.
  7. Malky

Thanks Kev, I'll definitely get in touch with Sarah and do a little rummaging this end too, my wife had excellent care here and I can't complain about any of it but there were certain help items she needed that were not covered by our health insurance, but she still managed to get everything she needed thanks to a few of the the different charity organisations, so it's just cool to be able to give something back, I've managed get a couple of local companies to support the charities with donations but being able to offer my own skills or knowledge would make it more personal, and Holland is full to the brim with incredibly talented artists as you you've probably already guessed with Dutch crew we have on here, and the Dutch are by nature also generous people so I doubt we would ever be short of artists or sponsors.

I'm quite looking forward to the legwork, I'm out of work for little while and it will give me something worthwhile to do, and the thought of the possibility a few smiling little faces is a huge bonus:thumbsup:

I've actually just had Idea which I'll tell you more about tomorrow, but tomorrow morning I intend to make a phone call and I have a feeling that that call might just be all that''s needed to get a head start:) a little clue though, these people have their own television channel here and would be the best for publicity because it's pretty much in line with what they do:thumbsup:
    Cordyk and Squishy like this.
  8. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Awesome work there Cordyk. I love the idea and would love to be there to see the face on that little girl that gets those kicks. Anyway, I signed up for the magnet challenge but haven't received the magnet yet. That was a while ago. I believe that one needs to be done by June.