Bent Needle

G

GraphMan

Well it's been a comedy of errors with this new airbrush. Spilled a half bottle of black paint all over myself, snapped off a nozzle in the airbrush and today bent a needle! Trying to do really fine lines with a .2 needle I bumped the paper with the tip (no crown cap on). Didn't notice until it started spraying double lines.
I remembered seeing on you tube how to fix them using soft pine wood. Tried it out and it worked great.
Oh well...Probably won't be the last time it happens.

This thread is the exact reason why I shy new airbrush artists away from a Micron. Those mistakes would have cost a lot money...

Micron needles are pretty durable, but they can still bend. While restarting after 20 years , I damaged 3 needles and 2 nozzles. It's just what you do when experimenting.

Yep...I've seen the prices for replacement parts on those high end brushes. On a positive note, at least I learned how to fix a bent tip:)

Yep...I've seen the prices for replacement parts on those high end brushes. On a positive note, at least I learned how to fix a bent tip:)

Yeah, I'm pretty much a pro at it now. I don't do it near as much as I used to, but it still happens.

Yea been there damaged my micron nozzle and had to replace it, but agree with the needle being durable ive hit it a couple of times and havnt bent it yet. All part of the learning experience [emoji4]

Yea been there damaged my micron nozzle and had to replace it, but agree with the needle being durable ive hit it a couple of times and havnt bent it yet. All part of the learning experience [emoji4]

Show me a guy who hasn't bent a needle and ill show you a liar, lol

Lets see...Stabbed myself a few times with an ab needle (first blood), snapped off a nozzle and bent a needle. Is this some type of unspoken initiation into airbrushing? Family First...

Attachments

• main-image.jpg
    main-image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
Lets see...Stabbed myself a few times with an ab needle (first blood), snapped off a nozzle and bent a needle. Is this some type of unspoken initiation into airbrushing? Family First...

No you have to arm-wrestle @Madbrush while doing a hundred dagger strokes, we've all done it, my arms still fooked [emoji123]

LOL, that's exactly what it is, you've actually taught yourself how to whack your worst critics Mafia style.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of airbrushing.

I can assure you it gets better and if it makes you feel any better I've destroyed two front ends and a whole brush in fits of rage and I still haven't given up. lol

OK...How about seeing how many beers I can drink while doing a 100 dagger strokes? Wow, great idea for New Years eve (at home):confused: At least I can't get busted for D.U.I. :) My guests will be wondering..."What the freak is he doing.":eek:

OK...How about seeing how many beers I can drink while doing a 100 dagger strokes? Wow, great idea for New Years eve (at home):confused: At least I can't get busted for D.U.I. :) My guests will be wondering..."What the freak is he doing.":eek:

I actually like the sound of that, but to hell with the dagger strokes, do a portrait, preferably of someone you don't like, and you have to post it, in fact if you put it in pic of the month even without a wip, my vote's guaranteed. Lol

OK...It would have to be someone I don't like. With my current skills, it would really p*ss them off:laugh:

Back