Best High-End airbrush?

hi Decrypt
this debate rages on and will rage on for a while - as another learned friend on this forum said - the question should be which is the best airbrush for YOU.
Now - this is in itself not an easy question to answer - factors include ease and availability of getting parts, budget, paint and intended surface to paint on.
I would suggest seeing if you could find an artist close to you and try with his setup.
other brushes to consider are the H&S Infinity, badger Krome, olympos.
I personally like my Infinties, Andre loves his Iwatas. :)

Olympos if you are willing to import all your spares. Otherwise it's just what ever floats your boat.

You shouldn't even be looking at a high end airbrush at this point. Get used to using your NEO and save your money. Being 12 years old, you may or may not even stick with airbrushing. Being that you are new to the hobby, buying a high end detail brush will probably be more frustrating than anything. If you really want to buy another brush, I'd go with a Badger Patriot or Iwata Eclipse CS. It will take many hours of practice before you can even control an airbrush properly let alone deal with the paint reduction ratios needed to make a detail brush work well. Just my opinion.

It is not the airbrush that makes fine art but a fine artist the controls their airbrush to make fine art.
CM-C+ is a great airbrush but the replacement parts for them come at a huge price as well.
the CM-C+ runs a .23 nozzle size with an option of switching head units to the .18 for a extra price of about 300 dollars .
The Krome runs a .20 nozzle and come with a .30 set up. which makes it a all around work horse of a brush. at half the price of the CM-C+
H&S make some great brushes.
Highend means different thing to different folks , depending on the job you are doing and the surface you are painting on.
I know a lot of top names airbrush artist who do killer high dollar art and only use the Eclipse CS which runs a .35 nozzle set up like your Neo.
So being you have a grand to spend I suggest looking into maybe going to an airbrush get away and taking a class in something you are interested in learning,
Being you only have 18 post and are new to the world of airbrushing and have not posted up any works so far. I do not really know your skill level and what you can produce with the neo.
The neo can do fine line work with the .35 set up if you have practiced and learned how to control it. so before you let that money burn a hole in your pocket post up some work to show us you are ready for another airbrush..
Otherwise you may be putting the cart before the horse.
Kind of like buy the best guitar ever made and not knowing how to even play it kind of thing.

you should buy a micron cmc and then send the rest of the money to me.....i need a high in spinal replacement.

I 100% agree with Micron, having the best only gives you bragging rights ... it is like learning an instrument or shoot a gun or martial arts it takes dedication and practice. The purpose of this forum is to HELP and sometimes that means advising a person to not blow money, we want to see others start off on the right path with good equipment but not waste it.... thus the term "starving artist" none of us are loaded ------- unless we are talking booze lol

I 100% agree with Micron, having the best only gives you bragging rights ...

Yup, probably my best painting to date was done with a Badger Patriot...$60.
No way should someone who as a few days at best behind an airbrush, be buying a Micron.

i agree with everyone here even if someone is a millionaire i would not advise getting a micron . one way t look at it is if you survive the usual beginner issues besides learning to airbrush stuff like clog isues learning how to mix the paint and which paint you like to use (plenty of people here swear on createx in fact i think its all mitch used when he was just ding videos a couple of years ago but i would not use wicked unles i was using a large set up iwata and i ceartainly would not get the stuff noww unles com art and etac efx go belly up lol dont even joke about that. any way wait til your ding a reakl awesome portrait thats blowing your mind away and all of a suden your air brush spits a blob of paint all over it and you get into one of those i dont want to paint any more slumps and see if you pull your self out also it pays tto wait til you learn about the air brushes and how they behave . I wont bother going on and on for ever ....THE LAST REASON NOT TO GET A MICRON YET you wont have nothing to go to after you do get real good and want something nice that will blow your mind . if you want to treat yourself to another awesome gun get a krome or at least a velocity but hold on to the money and wait to see if the airbrushes are going to colect dust in a month and if they are plenty of people will want the micron but dont expect them to pay top dollar when they can et it at coast and have a life time warenty

Back