Best paint supplier

Vince Driver

Needle-chuck Ninja
Good morning all, just curious where is the best place online to order Paints and supplies from in the US. Thanks in advance.

Thank you Mr.Micron. I'll check them out. Needing some paint for practicing,any suggestions?
Practice with the paint you intend to use IMO. Different paints behave a little differently so best to get used to it from the get go, rather than have to re learn something later. You will probably waste a little more paint starting out than you will later on, but you are literally measuring in drops, and it can go a long way. So just don't overdo how much you use and it won't cost much.

It needs to be airbrush specific paint anyway, which has a much finer pigment. The type of painting you want to do will help choose the paint. Everyone has favourite brands, but some are more suitable for certain uses than others.

Thank you squishy,lol loving the name.
Not sure of direction I'll eventually take my painting but for now probably just general art things. No auto or such as of yet. Your paint of choice for such? I'm really new to this and there seem to be so many...

to be forthright I am kinda new at the airbrushing thing (only a few months), but I bought a lot of createx paint off of ebay in their 6 pack kits for rather cheap (free shipping also), all from the same seller.

I have also ordered from DickBlick art supply, they have good prices and shipping is free I think over 49 bucks.

I also give my local RC plane/car/modeler shop a lot of love, as they actually have darn good prices on paint also, as well as having some of the harder to find stuff like colorshifting paints, etc. They also get things in LARGE containers from time to time, so if you find yourself using a lot of a couple colors you can really save quite a bit by buying basically in a bulk package.

note: I did just order an eclipse hp-cs from coast airbrush. Their prices seemed very very reasonable and they get great points for customer service and being helpful/active on the forums. I would have bought some paint too, but honest I'm pretty well stocked at the moment.

Vince if you're not sure which way to go just yet, then I suggest a multi surface all rounder. My personal preference is for Wicked by createx (never found a surface it didn't like from auto to fabric, leather, paper,board, wood etc) and also look at E'tac Private Stock, which I believe is another all rounder. You can also I think use the E'tac EFX range and use additives for universal use????? But I'm not to sure, there are plenty of folks around here who know all that jazz though.

I love Wicked, but it is pigment heavy and needs a lot of reduction. I love that because it makes the colours vibrant, rich and it's lighfast so no fading. It does need a lot of reduction though and some people don't get on well with it at first and take a little time to get to grips with it. Others just change to something else. Because its an all rounder it's not specifically tailored to any one kind of painting. If you were only going to do fine art/portraits etc then the illustration line or the E'tac EFX might be better. But for me it's ideal.

If you aren't sure, try contacting a few suppliers and asking for samples of different paints to try. It can't hurt to mention that you are a member of an 8 1/2 thousand strong airbrush forum, and will do some reviews. I've had success with that tactic in the past. And reviews are always helpful to other newbies. Just bear in mind that even within the same paint brand different colours can behave differently, so what ever you choose, there will likely be one colour that is trickier to deal with, in most cases white. I find it's black with Wicked.

Back