Better compressor brands

Jayhawk

Double Actioner
I've been practicing about a month now and am getting better - that's compared to where I started. I got a HF compressor without a tank to start with. Just got myself a Sotar 20/20 to see if it helped with detail work and so far am impressed. Problem I saw really early is that this compressor, when running steady around 10 - 15 lbs pulses the air and affects the spray width. I was thinking I might need a tank and after searching through this forum I'm pretty convinced.
That said, I didn't see any discussion about the Badger
TC910 Aspire Pro Anybody have an opinion? I'm interested in suggestions on good be-tanked compressors. I'm mostly doing talentless pictures on paper media for now, and will later do lures and small pieces of cloth (quilting pieces). Like to keep the price in the $200's or so.

Yes, I'd get an iwata if I could arrange the budget - a sparmax will do... till then the ol' rattly it is... :)

And I suppose location will have a big impact on what's available- in Oz we have a very small to non existent range! In the high end arty farty ones anyway!

Pricey but good are Bambi compressors. If noise isn't an issue then any regular hard wear store/ machine shop compressor will work well.

I use a senco pc1010
Quiet has a tank and about a hundred bucks. There are times I need a bigger compressor.... I have a 21 gallon one for that.
I still would love to do a diy silent build sometime. But I can easily talk over the one I have.
If I already had that little compressor of yours, I personally would add an air tank to it and see how it goes a while.

I had to purchase a California Air. Only cause I was getting pretty good at blowing them up. But I was painting 7 days a week...and up to 12 hrs a day...so,....needed to spend the $$ to keep up with me

I've been practicing about a month now and am getting better - that's compared to where I started. I got a HF compressor without a tank to start with. Just got myself a Sotar 20/20 to see if it helped with detail work and so far am impressed. Problem I saw really early is that this compressor, when running steady around 10 - 15 lbs pulses the air and affects the spray width. I was thinking I might need a tank and after searching through this forum I'm pretty convinced.
That said, I didn't see any discussion about the Badger
TC910 Aspire Pro Anybody have an opinion? I'm interested in suggestions on good be-tanked compressors. I'm mostly doing talentless pictures on paper media for now, and will later do lures and small pieces of cloth (quilting pieces). Like to keep the price in the $200's or so.

I have one sitting under my bench ,I had to put a pressure switch on it and after a year and a half it wont spray above 35 psi(my fault as I overheated it a few times) went to one I bought at home depo for 110.00 dollars its an oil filled crankcase so it should last a lot longer, little loud while it fills but only needs to fill a few times all night.

I bought homedepot husky silent 5G, not bad at all noise wise, it is quieter than the tankless one I had. And cost way less than california air tools.

If you want to be cheap that is, im sure CAT has better warranty but no issues for me so far

I got a central pneumatic 3 gallon from Harbor freight on sale for around $60. It's noisy as hell, so I drilled a hole through the wall and put it in the garage. Works pretty well and maybe now I can get a few air tools.

I bought homedepot husky silent 5G, not bad at all noise wise, it is quieter than the tankless one I had. And cost way less than california air tools.

If you want to be cheap that is, im sure CAT has better warranty but no issues for me so far

Same motor in both.

Back