bubbles in cup

Thanks forthe explanation, it will really help to keep my gear woorking the way it was meant to.
On the subject of those paints ( black and white ) why is it these two give us newbies so much trouble?
Is it because they are pigmentally larger, or are they denser than other colours?

Thanks forthe explanation, it will really help to keep my gear woorking the way it was meant to.
On the subject of those paints ( black and white ) why is it these two give us newbies so much trouble?
Is it because they are pigmentally larger, or are they denser than other colours?
The pigments don't grind down as fine because they are coarser than that of most other colors (well technically white and black arent colors but anyways) white usually because of titanium dioxide and black because of carbon or charcoal.

Might be I'm the only one to do this if I have a prob. Is to spray some gunk engine cleaner thru the tip by pulling the needle back into the airbrush and using the straw on the can spray a shot thru the tip.works well and after that spray a little water thru to clean out gunk so I don't have any prob. with the paint.

Wouldn't risk it even though it's water soluable. If it's not made to run through an airbrush, I'm not risking damaging it or contaminating my paint. With proper cleaning simple cleaning should be all that is ever needed. It says safe for all under hood metals, but brass isn't that common on motors aside from fittings so it may damage nozzle over time. I do know that stuff damages and oxidizes chrome which is what most airbrushes are plated with. Also different paints react to different chemicals. Trying to clean waterbased with lacquer thinner just makes it harder to clean, wear as with uro it's perfect. Use the right cleaners with your choice of paint system and there shouldn't be any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going through this exact problem right now. In between the tiny nozzle and where you screw it in, there is/was a microscopic seal. The seal is so small it looks like a speck of dried, gummy black paint. The seal would actually be driven down into the needle shaft when you screwed it in, and I would have to dig it out every time. It finally disappeared when I was cleaning it yesterday (after spraying Wicked White that I let sit in the ab for several hours), and now bubbles flow back into cup and it won't spray paint. It's a cheap $18 ab I bought on eBay so there is very little hope of buying a replacement seal and nozzle, which is too bad, because the brush actually worked very well. I like the teflon tape idea. I also like the idea of throwing the brush in the garbage and just buying another one. I won't be repeating these mistakes with my new Renegade Krome.

I am going through this exact problem right now. In between the tiny nozzle and where you screw it in, there is/was a microscopic seal. The seal is so small it looks like a speck of dried, gummy black paint. The seal would actually be driven down into the needle shaft when you screwed it in, and I would have to dig it out every time. It finally disappeared when I was cleaning it yesterday (after spraying Wicked White that I let sit in the ab for several hours), and now bubbles flow back into cup and it won't spray paint. It's a cheap $18 ab I bought on eBay so there is very little hope of buying a replacement seal and nozzle, which is too bad, because the brush actually worked very well. I like the teflon tape idea. I also like the idea of throwing the brush in the garbage and just buying another one. I won't be repeating these mistakes with my new Renegade Krome.
Get some bees wax and put it on the treads of the air nozzle cap , This will ensure a good seal every time.

Back