Bubbling complication. :|

Also the step down from the eclipse to the neo is like night and day,after you try the eclipse you will not look back and it may be the only brush you ever need

Ah the mystery is solved :) Yer fishing in the nozzle has to be done carefully LOL, but every now and then it happens. I use an old needle to gently ream the tip but can be a dangerous event, soft bristle bottle brushes are good, i just separate of a strand or two of the nylon bristles and shove them in LOL, reduce it to one when I want it to go thru the tip, do this on a white cloth or paper towell and its amazing how much extra gunk you'll get out over a standard clean or soak..Also if using water based, dont be afraid to soak it in warm water, not boiling but a little heat can help remove those stubborn flecks so you dont have to go fishing again ;) There are tip cleaners and nozzle reamers available but cleaning in itself is a bit of a learning curve, especially when problems arise..good luck and have no doubt you'll find your next brush awesome in comparison LOL

Thought I'd give a minor update here.

I tried wrapping a small strip of cello-tape (the clear kind) just past the tip of the nozzle piece to see if anything would change (to make a make-shift nozzle tip, of sorts) and achieved some good results.
After increasing and decreasing the length of the new cello-tip I've made a fix for the problem of the cup bubbling up in any circumstances.
The bubbling has drastically decreased, and I no longer need to cover the cup with my thumb for spraying. The amount sprayed has also returned to normal levels. So I guess that confirms that it's the nozzle. <(o_O)

I still plan on buying the Iwata Eclipse at some point in the future, but will still continue to use my current brush for now. At least I know now it's a horrible brush. XD

Edit: Found this here;
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/art/5800363514.html
Should I take it? Anything look abnormal about it? Should I be looking for a gravity-fed one?

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL If all else fails grab the gaffer tape or a bigger hammer LOLOL. whatthe tapes likely done is just assist sealing the threads, but nice fix :)

PS It pays to be careful buying second hand guns, you may just be buying someone elses issue, double that price and you can get a good entry level branded gun thats brand new. Gravity or siphon feed is up to you. If your plan is higher detail grab a gravity to start with, if its larger work, grab a siphon.

The feed doesn't really bother me too much, Siphon or Gravity (though I would lean to Gravity a bit)
I just seen a great offer, and decided to look into it. Price is always my first concern. ;)
That said I'm still only getting the Eclipse.

Back