Burst of paint when closing valve?

B

baevans11

For instance when I am doing a line and I go to close the valve at the end of my line I seem to get a burst of paint at the end of my line even if I am still moving is this normal or is it something with my brush? Thx in advance.

Hi again, your friendly admin stalker here :laugh:

Firstly what paint are you using, at what psi and what's the size of the needle of your brush (I know it's the 'kit' brush) I assume it's a double action ? E.g.: push down on the trigger for air, pull the trigger back for paint, the further back you pull the more paint you release.

It can be one of the following or a combination of one or more of them.

- bad technique, common in newcomers, don't feel bad. This is a new tool that needs to be learnt and as such has a learning curve.
It should be ....move... air on...paint on...paint off...air off....stop moving.
-paint to thick. (Reduce with appropriate reducer- water isn't always appropriate
- Psi to low

If your 'splodge' more closely resembles a spider then ----
Your psi could be to high
Your paint to thin
You're moving to slow or stopping movement to soon

Are you having fun yet ? lol

Hi again, your friendly admin stalker here :laugh:

Firstly what paint are you using, at what psi and what's the size of the needle of your brush (I know it's the 'kit' brush) I assume it's a double action ? E.g.: push down on the trigger for air, pull the trigger back for paint, the further back you pull the more paint you release. It's a dual action btw as u guessed.

It can be one of the following or a combination of one or more of them.

- bad technique, common in newcomers, don't feel bad. This is a new tool that needs to be learnt and as such has a learning curve.
It should be ....move... air on...paint on...paint off...air off....stop moving.
-paint to thick. (Reduce with appropriate reducer- water isn't always appropriate
- Psi to low

If your 'splodge' more closely resembles a spider then ----
Your psi could be to high
Your paint to thin
You're moving to slow or stopping movement to soon

Are you having fun yet ? lol
.3 mm with createx paint psi I've been playing with but mostly around 25 psi the manual says 20-30 but I've seen people going slot lower than that. I haven't reduced paint sprayed as is. Yeah I know I have a Lot to learn but I lo e a challenge!

If you love a challenge then you've found the right hobby. Just when you think it's all going well the weather changes and you need to adjust :confused:

As for your issue... which Createx are you using ? Different variants behave differently.
I suspect you have 'Createx airbrush colour" ? Which is aimed at textiles, high pressure and a larger needle (.5) BUT if you reduce it properly with reducer you should be able to get it to behave enough for you to practice and get a feel for this madness and mayhem. Createx HP - 4012 is the standard reducer across the Createx range.

Going lower psi is the norm for the 'illustration' range, it has finer pigment and reduces well to spray at < 10psi. Don't try it with standard Createx, it will end in tears

Hey, I'm getting a similar result sometimes when I'm doing fine lines. I dont want to hijack your thread tho, so I will start a new one. I am guessing my issue is technique though as I've changed up a whole bunch of things. Best of luck. D

Hey, I'm getting a similar result sometimes when I'm doing fine lines. I dont want to hijack your thread tho, so I will start a new one. I am guessing my issue is technique though as I've changed up a whole bunch of things. Best of luck. D
Always best to change one thing at a time

Its also a sign of a dirty or slightly blocked nozzle. The needle doesn't seat properly allowing extra paint to come out. When you snap the trigger off, and the needle moves forward that extra paint gets forced out.

Its also a sign of a dirty or slightly blocked nozzle. The needle doesn't seat properly allowing extra paint to come out. When you snap the trigger off, and the needle moves forward that extra paint gets forced out.
Thx that makes sense. I will be more thorough cleaning I thought I was but I'll do more. I did try thinner as another member suggested and what a difference it has made in my overall all painting! Goes on much better. Thx for ur help too!

It could be the paint causing the problem if your using standard createx paint with 25 psi. You ideally need a larger nozzle .5 and 40 - 60 psi although like JackEB said if you reduce it you can use it to practise with but i would say 30 psi to start with and 3 drops of reducer to 1 drop of paint. If it spiders lower the psi. Add more paint if its too transparent, but for practise on lines, dots and daggers then it shouldn't matter.

Lee

Back