California air tools compressor 6310

S

Snowbird1

HI Everyone I just joined your forum and I am just starting out and I have read some good things on the California air tools 6310 would this be a good compressor to start with I travel 8 months a year in out 5th wheel and I need something quite and portable. I have never airbrushed before but I am very artsy and I really want to learn to airbrush. What I think I would like to airbrush are license plates,t shirts Personal signs for RVers. So in saying all that the California tool 6310 would fit my budget. Thanks for any help.

Susan:rapture:

I just ordered that same one should be here on Wednesday. Do you really need a 6.3 gal just for doing license plates. I think they have a 1.6 gal or similar that would be a lot lighter to haul around. I have one of those 1/2 gal compressor's from TCP global that is quiet and runs enough air to paint with if your only using one brush.

Thank you for the info would the 1.6 be good for doing t shirts as well.

Thanks Susan

Now that is a great question. I don't do t-shirts but seems like most use up to 90 psi for tees. I'm sure there's peeps on here that will chime in on the smallest compressor to use for tees soon. You just don't want to go to small otherwise the compressor will run nonstop and just end up overheating.

most use between 40 and 65 PSI on t-shirts But you will need to heat set them after paint so the paint will last longer .

HI Yes I know you have to heat set the t shirts I do heatpress vinyl and rhinestones on shirts so I have a nice heat press and a graphtec 15 in cutter as well. Now will the 6310 go upto 60 psi if I want to do shirts. I dont want to buy something to small and I cant at least do a few t shirts, canvas, signs.

Thank you Susan:dejection:

Susan, I'm sure it can go up and beyond 60psi but can it maintain it is another question. If the motor can not keep up then you will need to lower the pressure and you will make the motor run the whole time which will shorten the life span. I would suggest you speak to Coast airbrush seeing that they do sell them.

HI Everyone I email Coast Airbrush and they replied to my question if the 6010A California tool compressor would hold the air flow while airbrushing t shirts and he said yes it is a great compressor to due t shirts or any type of airbrushing yeeeeppppy. I just might have to pick me one up at home depot.

Thanks Susan

No problem, compressors aren't cheap so its nice to start off with the right one. I had no idea when I started and went through 3 crappy ones before I bought a decent one. Could've bought one really nice one with the money combined on the first 3 lol!

I don't need a new compressor....I don't need a new compressor....I don't need a new compressor....
I keep telling myself, but I always give in eventually. LOL
It took me 6 months to get my Micron, I had my mouse over the "Submit Order" button way too many times, but I finally lost the battle. :)

My 6310 arrives tomorrow Jeff, pm me your phone number so I can tell you how nice it is lmao!!!

I don't need a new compressor....I don't need a new compressor....I don't need a new compressor....
I keep telling myself, but I always give in eventually. LOL
It took me 6 months to get my Micron, I had my mouse over the "Submit Order" button way too many times, but I finally lost the battle. :)
I am thinking Cuda and I just need to make videos of his new compressor and my silent air and post it just so Jeff can see just how silent they are,,,,

Good idea I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking of making a short video of my noisy compressor now and then the Cali to compare.

Good idea I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking of making a short video of my noisy compressor now and then the Cali to compare.

See great minds think alike :D

now Jeff you need a new compressor , Jeff you need a new compressor, Jeff you need a new compressor....Now press the button , the buy button is good...

asking david at coast for advice and then buying from home depot? I hope when you have problems you dont call him for help David takes care of everything he sells for life And is totally committed to helping people in the industry and basically a REALLY good guy sorry if this sounds harsh But I knowDavid and this just rubbed me the wrong way do what you want

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking Cuda and I just need to make videos of his new compressor and my silent air and post it just so Jeff can see just how silent they are,,,,

I'm thinking between the tag teaming and my weakness, this seems a bit unfair...

I'm thinking between the tag teaming and my weakness, this seems a bit unfair...

tag team us ??? Never! it is like asking a drunk if he needs another beer ,,, the answer is always Why ask how kind of you to ask .. Bar keep a round for my new friends who reminded me that my cup was dry....

Back