can I spray this ?

I am gonna see what will I do. While we were writing in this topic, I asked one you tuber, if he can explain whats the process he uses for black t-shirts. He wrote back literary in one minute, that he will create one fast video with very good trick for this issue and he will post it today. I am gonna see what will happen.

I finally manage to watch video which I bought for 7 bucks:
Ultimate-Airbrush-Techniques-and-Effects-by-Terry-Hill
but unfortunately when he was talking about perfect white, he was talking about hard surfaces. Still worth my 7 bucks. After all it was 3 hours and 35 minutes long. And the most important part. I enjoyed it. :)

When the U Tuber posts, please add a link, I'm always looking for new ways to do odd things... Here's a dumb thought: pick up an embroidery hoop, put on the shirt & tighten, airbrush a thin line of trans base. Right where the seam of the hoop is, keep it tight & fine, allow to dry / hit it with a blow dryer. Do the bleach thing (outside, wind at your back, respirator & eye protection, 50/50 mix). Let dry or blow dry, take the shirt off the hoop, wash in cold water to remove the bleach residue, dry, coat of trans base, iron / heat set, back on the hoop, spray with light layers of opaque white, build up til you get the white. Sounds time consuming and still might not be as white as you would like. The theory is the clamping of the material and the initial trans base should reduce or eliminate bleach bleed. This means your stuck with a white circle to work in. Just some thoughts from a senile senior citizen....

When the U Tuber posts, please add a link, I'm always looking for new ways to do odd things... Here's a dumb thought: pick up an embroidery hoop, put on the shirt & tighten, airbrush a thin line of trans base. Right where the seam of the hoop is, keep it tight & fine, allow to dry / hit it with a blow dryer. Do the bleach thing (outside, wind at your back, respirator & eye protection, 50/50 mix). Let dry or blow dry, take the shirt off the hoop, wash in cold water to remove the bleach residue, dry, coat of trans base, iron / heat set, back on the hoop, spray with light layers of opaque white, build up til you get the white. Sounds time consuming and still might not be as white as you would like. The theory is the clamping of the material and the initial trans base should reduce or eliminate bleach bleed. This means your stuck with a white circle to work in. Just some thoughts from a senile senior citizen....
Hey, thanks for brainstoming! I went to check if video is up, but i didn't have luck yet :( I was thinking a lot of things how to get best results. Even using plastisol colors or waterbased ink for screen printing as a base for airbrush artwork.

This is just an idea, no clue if it would work but have you tried shooting a metallic under your white?
Seems plausible

Last edited:
This is just an idea, no clue if it would work but have you tried shooting a metallic under your white?
Seems plausible
Don't have it. I am new in this world. I bought main colors for starters :D If I need something I need to mix it. But I think metalic colors need to be bought(can't mix them right?).

I happen to have some metallics, mmm but theres no way they're going through my .2 so I might just try this on monday when i can shoot them through a bigger nozzle.

I'm not 100% certain if it works better with a mixed orange or a bought orange. I'm certain though someone will chime in on that.
But yeah search it on the forum. Or search blue shift. I'm sure theres loads of info on it

I am reading a lot about airbrushing. There is so much new information and I know I will figure it out until next summer. :D
Thanks for the tip about blue shift.

Only use a tiny tiny drop of orange otherwise you wind up with a orange tinge to your white. Many use a cocktail stick with the excess scraped of on the mixing container and then just use the cocktail stick to stir the white paint in your airbrush cup

he kept his promise. Few days late,but still kept his promise. He is live now, doing black t shirt.

I did ask another you tuber about black t-shirts, but didn't get response yet. If something happens with second you tuber, I am gonna link it here.

Interesting video, took me a while to access it ( my 2nd generation iPad struggles with UTube ), had to use the shop puter. Nice styling for a quick T. If I tried the blow dryer, my overspray would be horrible. I don't move really fast. Does it give the white you seek? The "blow as you go" technique dries the paint instantly, minimizing absorption into the fabric, allowing quicker buildup. If my wife let's me, I may borrow her blow dryer & give it a shot...

Interesting video, took me a while to access it ( my 2nd generation iPad struggles with UTube ), had to use the shop puter. Nice styling for a quick T. If I tried the blow dryer, my overspray would be horrible. I don't move really fast. Does it give the white you seek? The "blow as you go" technique dries the paint instantly, minimizing absorption into the fabric, allowing quicker buildup. If my wife let's me, I may borrow her blow dryer & give it a shot...
I was playing a little. It is much better then before. Need to make few more attempts at this to decide if this is it. I am new at this and have bunch of issues. If I pull trigger a little back, there's no paint coming out unless I pull,release,pull,release. I suspect this is tip dry? This doesn't happen if I pull trigger harder. This issue is only when I wanna small amount of paint...

This is totally new stuff for me. I feel like a child who just got new markers. :)

I was playing a little. It is much better then before. Need to make few more attempts at this to decide if this is it. I am new at this and have bunch of issues. If I pull trigger a little back, there's no paint coming out unless I pull,release,pull,release. I suspect this is tip dry? This doesn't happen if I pull trigger harder. This issue is only when I wanna small amount of paint...

This is totally new stuff for me. I feel like a child who just got new markers. :)

What paint are you using, what are you using to reduce it, what needle do you have in the airbrush ?
if we dont have all the relevant info we cant provide a relevant answer.

Back