can I spray this ?

that oramask vinyl for stencils which I have is sticky so it isn't a problem to stick it to any surface.

I like option 2. What vinyl are you heat setting & removing? I use EZ Weed, when it's on, it's on. I'm thinking, medium pressure, but reduce the heat, resulting in a weaker bond, then reheat & peel...

I like option 2. What vinyl are you heat setting & removing? I use EZ Weed, when it's on, it's on. I'm thinking, medium pressure, but reduce the heat, resulting in a weaker bond, then reheat & peel...
I use Oramask 810. I put baking paper on top of it, use heat iron and heat set it. Works perfectly. Didn't even try with heat press cause there were so good results with iron. :)

There is another stencil vinyl from oramask which I will try someday. It is transparent. Mine is more like grey-ish.

edit: maybe that's the key. Cause I didn't use heat press there wasn't much pressure on vinyl.

Never tried the Oramask. Sorry for the time lag - I'm trying to "multi-task" & as usual, it ain't workin. I realize you referred to stencil vinyl and I thought HTV...

Never tried the Oramask. Sorry for the time lag - I'm trying to "multi-task" & as usual, it ain't workin. I realize you referred to stencil vinyl and I thought HTV...
np, I have my share of issues. I was editing my last post :D

it's morning here, I am drinking my coffee. -.-

I have quite a few roll ends from sign work that I use for 1 or 2 off stencils / masks so that's what works for me. Same goes for the glass etching with the air eraser.

yep, at the start of this thread i posted all information about the mask i have. It has 2:
3M 6051 Gas/Vapour filter set
3M 5925 Particulate pre-filter set
I know, I followed the link.
Safety is always up to the individual to interpret for themselves but yeah different filters, different tasks.
the one thing that is often overlooked is that those vapor filters have to be kept in a sealed container when not in use. The charcoal will continue to absorb whatever out of the air just sitting there and they're only good for a certain number of hours.

I know, I followed the link.
Safety is always up to the individual to interpret for themselves but yeah different filters, different tasks.
the one thing that is often overlooked is that those vapor filters have to be kept in a sealed container when not in use. The charcoal will continue to absorb whatever out of the air just sitting there and they're only good for a certain number of hours.
this is good info. Need to check how many hours. Thank god filters are cheap enough and I can change them. The mask was the most expensive in that store where I ordered and is comfortable to wear. I don't regret spending little more for comfort.

when I decided to have fun with airbrushing and I started to buy some equipment, I didn't have a clue how expensive airbrushing can be. I spent bunch of money on stuff already -.-

Personally I treat the hours as a guideline. A lot of people say if you can smell the stuff, your filters are dead. By the time you smell it though, It's a little late. After a long time using them, I feel like I can pretty much tell by the effort it takes to breathe when it's getting close to replacement time, And the smelling will happen shortly after I notice the increased effort. That might only apply to places with high humidity though, since they also absorb water vapor. Idk
Either way, yeah I put them back in the resealable bag the respirator comes in.

If you use the right cartridge.....
6002 and 6003 are NIOSH approved for chlorine
6004s for ammonia
Of course clorox isn't exactly chlorine (sodium hypochlorite)
household ammonia isn't exactly ammonia (ammonia hydroxide)
So they would actually fall under a different class of organic vapor

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/40744O/3m-respirator-cartridge-and-filter-selection-poster.pdf
Like I said it's up to the individual to interpret for their own self but I personally don't think NIOSH is only concerned with the odor
Non- supplied air respirators are however only good for places with already adequate ventilation.

Again though, Up to the individual to interpret

Last edited:
Personally I treat the hours as a guideline. A lot of people say if you can smell the stuff, your filters are dead. By the time you smell it though, It's a little late. After a long time using them, I feel like I can pretty much tell by the effort it takes to breathe when it's getting close to replacement time, And the smelling will happen shortly after I notice the increased effort. That might only apply to places with high humidity though, since they also absorb water vapor. Idk
Either way, yeah I put them back in the resealable bag the respirator comes in.
Good info Robby, thanks for posting and sharing the knowledge Bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use the right cartridge.....
6002 and 6003 are NIOSH approved for chlorine
6004s for ammonia
Of course clorox isn't exactly chlorine (sodium hypochlorite)
household ammonia isn't exactly ammonia (ammonia hydroxide)
So they would actually fall under a different class of organic vapor

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/40744O/3m-respirator-cartridge-and-filter-selection-poster.pdf
Like I said it's up to the individual to interpret for their own self but I personally don't think NIOSH is only concerned with the odor
Non- supplied air respirators are however only good for places with already adequate ventilation.

Again though, Up to the individual to interpret
I wonted to send email to 3m to ask them which filter exactly would be good for the sake of this topic, just didn't have enough energy and motivation to do it.

On a side note, I bought 2 video tutorials yesterday and one of them is Wicked Kiss with Garry Worthington. The guy is doing black t-shirt and he is using bleach on a black t-shirt with a spray bottle without mask. :)
One more little thing. Was talking with my stepfather about this topic. He sad he was working with a bleach 5 years at his job. And he was using 50 liters per week. 50 liters is 13.2 gallons. And they didn't use mask at his work for working with bleach. He is 70+ now. I guess bleach didn't kill him...

And the best part, courier was here and I wasn't home to pick my white underground color. I am gonna pick it today :D

I wonted to send email to 3m to ask them which filter exactly would be good for the sake of this topic, just didn't have enough energy and motivation to do it.

On a side note, I bought 2 video tutorials yesterday and one of them is Wicked Kiss with Garry Worthington. The guy is doing black t-shirt and he is using bleach on a black t-shirt with a spray bottle without mask. :)
One more little thing. Was talking with my stepfather about this topic. He sad he was working with a bleach 5 years at his job. And he was using 50 liters per week. 50 liters is 13.2 gallons. And they didn't use mask at his work for working with bleach. He is 70+ now. I guess bleach didn't kill him...

And the best part, courier was here and I wasn't home to pick my white underground color. I am gonna pick it today :D

Many people worked with Asbestos for a long time too and it wasn’t until much later that the damage was known and started to be an issue. Many people use bleach without PPE, but I imagine fat less are atomising the liquid.
So I guess my question to people spraying bleach and not using a mask would be “Why”? I don’t really see the advantage of not wearing one.
But to each, there own.

Many people worked with Asbestos for a long time too and it wasn’t until much later that the damage was known and started to be an issue. Many people use bleach without PPE, but I imagine fat less are atomising the liquid.
So I guess my question to people spraying bleach and not using a mask would be “Why”? I don’t really see the advantage of not wearing one.
But to each, there own.

I just stated the facts.

I am not a chemist, biologist, doctor or scientist. But even those would have different opinions probably...To be honest I don't know exactly what atomising does :D
I see more like this: hey look, there's a paint coming out of my airbrush yay! -.-

I agree with asbestos argument. But this is happening everywhere. Few years ago, eating eggs was a big NO NO, now they are recommended. The same can happen with beef.. And we put this in our body. We get more knowledge about stuff around us and we treat them differently. That's progress.

About that question why they don't use mask it's a valid question. More in a case of my stepfather, after all we are talking about work hazards in his case. In a case of that tutorial guy I could imagine he didn't use mask so we can hear him, when he is talking? But that's just wild guessing on my part...

I just picked up my underbase color and I am out of luck. They send me the wrong color. I ordered super cover, and I got standard white...This will be the first time on amazon trying to handle returns. Hope they have this sorted out or I am out of 50 Euros -.-
WP_20171202_002.jpg

Wonted to write down: I am gonna drink bleach now! -.-
It's an old gamers joke, but I rather didn't, cause I suspect this thread is kinda sensitive :)

LOL. People use 50/50 or some mixture therof bleach out of a spray bottle allll the time for cleaning purpose. I mean all the time. Keep in mind it's only 10-20% active ingredient....sodium hypochlorite.
It's hard to breath in the spray from a spray bottle but not so much with the mist of an airbrush.

NIOSH recommends starting the use of a respirator where it reaches 2mg/ cubic meter of air.
Youd be hard pressed to suspend 10-20mg of clorox in a cubic meter of air at a given moment with a spray bottle (technically even a spray bottle with full concentration would require it ) but an airbrush could do it easily.
They DO recommend a cartridge rated for chlorine, because of bleach's potential to change it's form to chlorine.

They also recommend a full face respirator because of the potential to damage to eyes.

If this were in the shop where I was in charge of OSHA compliance, to be setup as a process, the proper gear would be full face respirator with one of the 6002 ,6003 or AG cartridges
Unless the room were unventilated, then the proper gear would be supplied air. If the concentration exceeds 20mg (active ingredient) per square meter supplied air is the route.

That being said, I doubt if anyone here is throwing on a full face respirator with an AG cartridge when they spraybottle bleachwater in their bathtub or even when they spray outdoor bleach on their driveway. So I'd say use your own judgement.

Personally I'd feel comfortable using a 6001 ,half mask and goggles (maybe even glasses) outside with the brush and simply not letting the overspray get blown right in my face and knowing it wasn't going to react with dried urine or rust or other residual ammonias and change it's form to chlorine.

But the reality is I'd probably just skip using the brush at all, use a spray bottle and probably no PPE

Last edited:
Back