Can I use hydrogen peroxide in airbrushing

D

Dbarry55

Hello, I'm new to airbrushing, I've been around airbrushing for years, I owned a custom T-shirt shop, I did screen printing and heat transfers. There was a guy in my shop that did airbrushing of T-shirts (it always looked like fun). The shop was a part-time business, I worked full-time as a police/fire dispatcher. I closed my shop about 5 years ago, I retired 2 years ago. I do watercolor and pen & ink art . I would like to try airbrushing watercolor and am currently buying the gear I need to do this.

My question is I have a bottle of 35% hydrogen peroxide (don't remember how I ended up with this stuff) and rather than throw it out, I wanted to know if there is any way to use it in my airbrushing? As a thinner, cleaner or whatever. Thanks for all help in this matter. I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

No immediate use springs to mind... certainly not good for you atomised.

Thank you both, I just thought that since the hydrogen peroxide that you get in the brown bottles at the drug store is used to clean
you teeth, clean cuts, and mixed with water to clean the wax out of ears, it might would clean the airbrushes.

Thank you both, I just thought that since the hydrogen peroxide that you get in the brown bottles at the drug store is used to clean
you teeth, clean cuts, and mixed with water to clean the wax out of ears, it might would clean the airbrushes.
Nah while it is a useful product it has no use in the world of airbrush. But on another note Alcohol does . Alcohol , glycerin and water does make a nice reducer and useful for cleaning out the color on color changes . But we always suggest you use the MFG reducer or cleaner But if you are on a really tight budget the home brew works.

Back