Candy 2o experiment

steve1111

Needle-chuck Ninja
So was looking through some of my paints and came across a bottle of jo Sonja s satin clear varnish. Which is a clear water based satin clear
4d9fa55524dbb0e211c454dbb6015ba2.jpg
and thought hey could I use this as a carrier for the candy 2o. So I did a little test I mixed some candy blood red with it sprayed 4 coats dried with a heat gun between coats ( the specs on the clear varnish actually recommends using heat between coats ) masked off the top section spray a coat of the jo Sonja satin clear over the candy heat set than sprayed some white over it to see if it would bleed through. 2k cleared just to test if the satin clear would hold up To my surprise it worked extremely well ! Will do some more testing but might be a good option for demo pieces or just paintings I do for my self
96048c56e35031eec266656ce017507f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The white stayed nice and crisp where I sprayed the jo Sonja stuff top half had definite bleed through

This was a topic in Gerald Mendez's last Facebook live feed. Those guys are using Rocket clear as an intercoat to lock in the Candy2o. You may have discovered a good option :)

It actually flows really well also I was spraying with the ab for about 5 min and cleaned the tip once

This was a topic in Gerald Mendez's last Facebook live feed. Those guys are using Rocket clear as an intercoat to lock in the Candy2o. You may have discovered a good option :)
I usually dont have time to watch his live feeds

Rocket Clear is HOK product. Apparently you can pound it on in quick succession and be wet sanding and painting on it in a very short period of time. An hour maybe? Don't recall specifically but for a solvent clear it's light years faster for an intercoat.

Back