For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

candy 2o on top of clear

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by nickkat1, Mar 17, 2017.

1. nickkat1

nickkat1 Spider Splatterer

hello all

I was wondering if anyone has ever ground an aluminum panel, applied the candy then re cleared the panel and then added the art work?? how did it turn out??

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
  2. Leakyvalve

Leakyvalve Young Tutorling

I haven't done it, but that's how I would do it.

I have the Candy2O's and they are my first candy I've ever used. And this stuff behaves alot different than normal pigment paint. The bleeding thing is a REAL problem. Not to be understated. So if you don't want any bleeding, a 2 part clear is probably the best solution I know of.
  3. nickkat1

well I thought it would provide a layer where light can penetrate and illuminate any thing on top even more so...plus added benefit of no bleeding

4. IPT

IPT Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

You can do it that way but you might consider more clear. The "best" way to do it is, grind, clear, candy, clear again. More steps for sure, but the idea is to fill the grinding marks. Theory is that since the Candy is so thin and light the dye can concentrate in the grooves and leave you a very uneven look. I'm not sure if that is as real a threat in real life as it is on paper. I think when I did mine I sprayed some transparent base to try and fill some of the grooves and then the candy, then clear, then the art work. Candy H2O does bleed for sure.
  5. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

I have not use the Candy O2 on ground metal but I have used it many of times over clear then did art work and clear it all again with no issues and great depth to the end results .
  6. nickkat1

[​IMG]

so much left to do...