Candy colors over base coats

The poo will be camouflaged. Right im away to my chiropractors as im not even joking but my left arse cheek is sore and has been for a while now, im hoping its the sciatic nerve or ill be back on here asking questions later, im looking in your direction micron SA and the brush [emoji35]
[emoji205] [emoji205] [emoji100] [emoji100] [emoji205] [emoji205] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji231] [emoji341] [emoji382] [emoji529] [emoji529]

Ok!!! Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone by posting before doing the introduction, joined this site via my phone and didn't see the introduction forum, before posting,, did my intro post, anyway I'm 39 , have been doing paint and body work for @ 9 yrs, been airbrushing a lik over a ur, I ise iwata eclipse HP-CS,, wicked colors, or HOK,, and the current base coat is charcoal grey,, was thinking lay down a white base, behind my designs I'm puting into flames, then the blue candy!!

use white then different shades of blue in your candy layers being on a silver base you need to be cautious as over spray will show easily as @Mr.Micron stated. Are you using any certain paint sytem suck as HOK or Autoair?
THANKS!! Am going to use HOK through a iwata eclipse HP-CS, was thinkin I should put a white base within the layout of the flames, to do the artwork over, putting blue candy flames over a metallic charcoal grey

I may have been nice if you went to your profile page and told us little about yourself and where your from.
You may find people a little more responsive to your question.
Think about it, if some stranger came to you off the streets and said "Hey, give me your knowledge", How would you feel?
Sorry to vent but this is happening all the time and your post has tipped the scales for me. If you want to be part of this family, thats great but please at least introduce yourself.
Thanks
Oddball
Wasn't trying to offend anyone, joined this forum via the Internet on my phone didn't see the introduction forum before posting my thread,Sorry!!, i have now posted in the introduction forum,, but anyway I'm 39 I have been doing paint and body work @ 9 yrs now , airbrushing @ 1 1/2 yrs originally from Detroit, been living in this little hick town in middle TN that no one has ever heard of!! For @ 6yrs now

You never learn now we know you have more we will be back for it!!!
lol!!! Thanks!!! I did do my introduction today,, I joined this site via my phone and didn't see the introduction forum before posting,, but the negative responses have not scared me away,, I'm back for more punishment!!!

Hi @jessie3306 Sorry for being a Mr Grouch yesterday. Welcome to the Forum.
As you will see from other posts to new members, before we can help people we need to know what paints and equipment you are using which narrows things down.
Your original question was about what to paint candies over, the quick answer is anything bright.
Depending on which paint you are using will depend on the result.
Most people will do some teat panels using different base coats.
Usually candies over wight is bright and vibrant but you can get cool effects putting it over silver, gold, sparkle Etc, The world is your oyster! :)

lol!!! Thanks!!! I did do my introduction today,, I joined this site via my phone and didn't see the introduction forum before posting,, but the negative responses have not scared me away,, I'm back for more punishment!!!

Well friend it says a lot about your strength of character when you are still around after all this excremente, lol, good have to have you here and hope we can answer all your questions, we still don't know where your from so let us know, we will be able to inform you of supply solutions based on where you live.

And you haven't offended anyone, it's just that some of us are pretty grumpy bastards, lol

I have never had my sciatic never cause pain on my left side But I am no doctor
Wasn't trying to offend anyone, joined this forum via the Internet on my phone didn't see the introduction forum before posting my thread,Sorry!!, i have now posted in the introduction forum,, but anyway I'm 39 I have been doing paint and body work @ 9 yrs now , airbrushing @ 1 1/2 yrs originally from Detroit, been living in this little hick town in middle TN that no one has ever heard of!! For @ 6yrs now
Hick town ? they made a song about that LOL But we do have a couple of members from TN one in Nashville and the other in Chattanooga.
Now being in the body business for a while now I think you know how candies work. While it is different when doing say a candy apple red over a silver or gold base it is kind of the same thing except all your mistakes will show up with airbrushing candy . That is why most choose to have a black base layout then use whites and build up the candies and colors .
Doing it on lighter colors is very doable but I suggest practice panels testing to make sure what is in your head will transfer in paint.
But over a like surface you will want to start with the darkest color. You want Dark to light . that way as you build the lighter color candies over the darker ones it just adds to its darkness. I think Mike Lavalee's saying goes wide to tight dark to light.

I just left your state yeaterday!!
So frigen amusing to see how this thread went down the crapper fast lmfao!!

Oh I know all about that lolol
[emoji73] [emoji146] [emoji73] Do you now? We know you were in Tenn. so there is suspicion you might have come in contact with Monkey Crabs. You seem like you but there is still a chance you have monkey washed. Easy way to tell have you felt the urge to fling poo at all?

[emoji73] [emoji146] [emoji73] Do you now? We know you were in Tenn. so there is suspicion you might have come in contact with Monkey Crabs. You seem like you but there is still a chance you have monkey washed. Easy way to tell have you felt the urge to fling poo at all?
Being she said the monkey was not at home I know she was monkey washed and was instructed to go to Nada's and avoid stopping through Indiana.. So we will have to watch her .. no telling what else that monkey programed her to do:D

Bet ive heard of it. ;) welcome to the forum.

Back