Candy2.0

M

Mike297

I am looking for any tips on using this product. Any info would be great!
Thanks in advance,

Mike

While it has been covered a fwq times here I will cover it again.
Candy02 is like the urethane candy it must be mixed with the 4030 intercoat clear you can use either the 4012 or 4020 reducer.
If you are planning on layering different colors of the candy and do not want color bleed you will want to give it a coat of the 4004 transparent base.
Other then that you use it as you would a urethane Kandie being it is a true candy .

Here is a great Video from Coast Airbrush TV with Craig Fraser and David Monnig on Candy02 http://www.coastairbrushtv.com/Auto-Air-Candy2o-Colors_p_134.html

Will you be using it through airbrush or larger gun? If through the airbrush I advise using it with 4030 1:1. Although I believe the recommended ratio is 30%, I have found 1:1 then reduce as needed gives much better flow, and also help it dry quickly. Make sure you overlap each pass and keep it even to avoid patchiness.

I have never used any of the candy paints. I have used the Wicked, Createx, Spectra and Goldens airbrush paints plus some thinned acrylics.
The paint will be applied using an airbrush.
Thank you for the replies, I'm trying to learn when I can.

I will be trying my hand at these very soon, after I get a little more info.
I plan to use a wicked white for a background then a clear coat before spraying the candy.
Thanks again for the information.

Back